Senior Programme Manager Job Opportunity at HelpAge International October, 2018
Senior Programme Manager
Open for Tanzanian nationals with relevant skills, experience and qualifications
(Annual Gross Salary Tshs. 48,437,836.00 Plus other benefits)
HelpAge International is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older women and men, nationally and/or internationally.
HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Senior Programme Manager (SPM) that will be based in Dar es Salaam with regular travel to the field.
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request.
To lead the development, coordination of HelpAge International programmes in Tanzania; ensure Protection of vulnerable groups and their Inclusion is consistently mainstreamed in HelpAge’s response, linking humanitarian and coordination nexus, effective and professional management of programme implementation in line with HelpAge’s organisational policies, values and frameworks.
- A post graduate degree or equivalent with extensive professional experiences of not less than five years in senior management level
- Proven Experience of working with government ministries of health, Community Development and Elderly
- Demonstrated strong ability with project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in program strategy development on priority themes of social protection, health and care, both in development and emergencies contexts
- Assist the Country Director in the operationalization and implementation of the business plan and track progresses made and take corrective actions
- Building and Maintaining good relationship with key government ministries and UNHCR
- Lead the process of affiliation/partnership development with relevant local NGOs and other stakeholder to achieve country strategic objectives
- Contribute to the development of a country level funding strategy and develop high quality funding proposals to seek donor funding
- Provide a key linkage between humanitarian and development work and ensure there is good communication and information flow between Dares Salaam and Kibondo office.
- Provide technical guidance on protection and inclusion of People with Specific Needs (PSNs) in humanitarian and development programmes.
- Work closely with Emergency and Recovery Manager to ensure production of regular context analysis updates on key protection trends among Refugees specifically PSNs and contribute to programme development discussions, monitoring and feedback mechanisms.
- Contract Period is one (1) year with potential for renewal
Candidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description. Interested applicants should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email to: email@example.com
copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by 06th November 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Do not send any certificates at this stage.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer.