Send a Cow Kenya Job Vacancy : Enterprise Coordinator, Kakamega
- Company: Send a Cow Kenya
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Send a Cow is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from suitably qualified men and women regardless of their race, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, disability, age, sexual orientation or family circumstances.
Please read our development values and about us before applying for any jobs or volunteering opportunities. Good luck!
Salary Negotiated Depending on Experience
Full time, 40 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract for 28 Months
Send a Cow Kenya (SACK) is looking for a full time Enterprise Coordinator to lead the quality delivery of effective enterprise development within Send a Cow Kenya. We are looking for someone to support projects through building skills and knowledge in the staff and partners in the Country Programme, so that farmers are equipped with the vision and tools to make good business and financial decisions to stimulate the local economy and meaningful employment in line with SAC’s Vision, Mission, Cornerstones and Christian Values.
This role will be Reporting to the Kenya Country programme manager.
Does this sound like you? If so we would love to hear from you. Applications close 29th October 2018 at 1.00pm (East Africa Time) with the successful candidate starting by 1st January 2019.
- Bachelor’s degree in sustainable agriculture, rural development or related fields from a recognized institution.
- MA in Rural Social Development with NGO or private sector experience in managing community development projects with an enterprise orientation.
- At least three years’ experience working in rural development and supporting rural communities in the field.
- Experience in developing business with smallholder farmers related to agriculture, food processing and access to local markets.
- Experience on working with local financial associations such as VSLAs.
- Experience of developing and maintaining an effective programme with monitoring and evaluation systems in place, with a learning attitude.
- Experience in designing and implementing projects for SACK, as well as other partner organizations.
- Experience of developing people through supporting, motivating, coaching and mentoring.
- Experience in organizing and conducting practical trainings and workshops for farmers using appropriate training tools and materials, as well as for staff members.
- Experience in developing businesses, and supporting others to develop theirs.
- A visionary with ability to see a big picture, prioritize and plan accordingly.
- Experience in generating innovative ideas and putting them into practice.
- Understanding donor financial requirements and grant compliance management including expenditure and budget variance monitoring as well as adherence to specific grant conditions.
How to Apply
To apply you are asked to :
- Visit this the website
- Complete the application form (CVs will not be considered).
- Please also answer, in no more than one side of A4, the following question: What are your three most significant achievements?
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 29th October 2018, 1.00pm (East Africa Time)
Training + PAID Internship Program (Business Development And Marketing)- Internships in Kenya 2018
- Job Description
- Application form
- Guidance on completing the significant achievements