Nielsen Job Vacancy : Qualitative Manager- Jobs in Kenya
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
We seek to hire a dynamic professional who brings outside the box thinking, is continuously seeking innovative ways of working, always looking to improve and learn, strong in business development, client management and project management and is driven to go the extra mile. This role is to be responsible for the development of Qualitative business through fundamentals such as business development, client management, project execution and delivery, training and development of associates and improvement of processes. Should have a good understanding of qualitative research to take on the lead for the qualitative related key responsibilities.
- Accountable for preparation, execution and delivery of projects from desk research for briefing, questionnaire, charting and presentation either with or without Project Management (PM) team involvement.
- Collaborate across Nielsen’s business units to support business development and ongoing business process improvements.
- Good understanding of the client research requirement: he/she should have clear visibility of the client’s KPIs/goals and have the ability to think from the client’s perspective.
- Should be able to identify the research needs and connect with the business outcome for action planning by client
- Client engagement: should hold periodic meetings with clients to receive feedback and learn more about new business opportunities and other requirements of the client and thus creating a strong bond with the client.
- Client interaction and communication: Able to connect independently with client on project related matters and build client relationships.
- Knowledge consolidation and learning: The professional is expected to possess extensive understanding of the topic /sector of research. This demands regular updating knowledge via reading and learning from public domain, internal discussion/brainstorming etc. All such learning and knowledge to be reflected in the proposal/ report and presentation to the client.
- Ability to write proper proposal and reports: Proposal development protocols and framework to be considered while working on the proposals.
- Budget preparation: Prepare budgets for each project in conjunction with the field manager and instruct the finance department.
- Invoice management: Initiate timely invoicing instructions to finance & assist in the smooth collection of debt from clients.
- Minimum requirement for a University Degree in Marketing, Social Sciences, Economics or related field
- 4 – 5 years experience in qualitative market research industry.
- Proven team management ability – preferably in a multicultural environment.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge. Experience managing P&Ls is preferred.
- Experience in qualitative moderation is advantageous
- Working knowledge of qualitative research techniques and methodologies
- Proactive with the ability to build strong client relationships
- Strong analytical, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong skills in Powerpoint presentation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Nielsen Holdings PLC career website on jobs.nielsen.com to apply