Lavington Hotel Job Vacancy : Chief Security Officer, Goods Inwards Clerk- Jobs in Kenya 2018
|Lavington Hotel Job Vacancy : Chief Security Officer, Goods Inwards Clerk- Jobs in Kenya 2018
Lavington Hotel – We’ll be opening a refreshingly unique independent hotel in Nairobi early in 2019. If you love hospitality, but want a little more adventure in your life we might just be the place for you, whatever your specialist skills and experience.
Chief Security Officer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Salary40 000 min
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Security / Intelligence
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of all security equipment and ensure they are used only as intended.
- To promote rather the officer image for the security service and exercise flexibility to maintain a balance between effectiveness and obstructiveness.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and oversee compliance with hotel safety and security policies.
- To lead guests whenever possible if they are uncertain of the location within the Hotel premises.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of CCTV equipment and ensure it is used only as intended.
- Inspect team members and service providers, including their belongings upon entrance to and exit from the hotel and as per established the
- Inspect the belongings of hotel guests, upon entrance to the hotel as per as per established the guidelines.
- Inspect and ensure the safety and legitimacy of all deliveries to the hotel. Advise the Security Manager of any discrepancies in deliveries of supplies against receipt book and of any suspicious activity.
- Respond promptly to guest and team member incidents.
- Maintain positive internal/external guest relations at all times.
- Resolve internal/external guest complaints arising from security and safety issues, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of hotel room count, group arrivals, VIP’s, special events, and hotel team member job responsibilities.
- Regularly inspect rooms, guest corridors, public areas, and service areas including associates restroom and storage area, addressing any issues arising which may threaten safety of guests or associates or security of hotel assets.
- Maintain written records documenting inspections and alert the Security Manager of suspected or actual breaches in security.
- Monitoring any undesirable elements to ensure that they do not harass, harm or embarrass the hotel guests.
- Take appropriate action to defuse any outbreak of violence or commotion within the Hotel premises.
- Search team members as they enter and exit the hotel premises as per the guidelines.
- Complete investigations as per instruction of Security Manager in a timely and confidential manner.
- Record pertinent information in department daily log book, and communicate urgent matters immediately to the Security Manager.
- Provide support to managers, supervisors and associates in handling guests who behave in a manner which is threatening, abusive, violent, incoherent, or illegal.
- College Graduate, or equivalent experience
- Certificates in Fire Safety and First Aid
- 2 years’ experience as a security guard.
- Military or police experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in a hotel or hospitality environment is a plus
Goods Inwards Clerk
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Ensure the efficient receiving, unloading, and processing of deliveries ensuring that all deliveries match up to the purchase order and specifications with regard to quality, quantity, price, etc. in accordance with the policies, procedures, and standards laid out by Management to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of receiving equipment and ensure they are used only as intended.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries of goods to the hotel.
- Verify received goods against the purchase orders by taking into account the quantity and quality of the received products as well as expiry date.
- Stage merchandise by department, mark appropriately for placement in facility, and deliver/store merchandise to appropriate department per the guidelines.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs per the guidelines.
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Resolve discrepancies noted in received goods immediately per the guidelines.
- Receive, store, ship, and deliver incoming and outgoing department packages and mail.
- Secure the receiving room and its contents, ensuring safekeeping of packages.
- Verify quantity and condition of packages upon receipt prior to delivery to guest.
- Coordinate with Front Desk and Guest Relations regarding packages received for guests.
- Maintain accurate tracking system on all shipping and receiving transactions, including receiving guest signatures for received packages per the guidelines.
- Communicate with proper management regarding any loss or damage with packages.
- Ensure all deliveries are received at the designated receiving area only per the guidelines.
- Ensure all invoices are stamped and dated with the appropriate receiving stamp upon deliveries per TTH guidelines
- Ensure all invoices are signed with name from related department heads per the guidelines.
- Ensure that HACCP points are taken into consideration while receiving items and must follow the Hygiene standards.
- To prepare daily receiving reports for all goods received in the system.
- Maintain confidentiality of hotel data.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager per the guidelines.
- Attend an actively participate in the departmental meetings. To read and understand the hotel’s Employee Handbook and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Adhere to hotel grooming, personal hygiene and uniform standard as per the guidelines.
- Adhere to scheduled work times by reporting promptly as scheduled.
Skills and Other Competencies
- Excellent reading, verbal and written English skills.
- Capable of effectively & efficiently handling multiple tasks.
- Mathematical and analytical skills.
- Be tech savvy and have a working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Receiving Software)
- Customer service oriented with a positive, energetic, and outgoing can do attitude.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence and a high level of self-confidence.
- Be able to remain rational and calm under pressure.
- Be able to work under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold), under variable noise levels, and outdoors/indoors.
- Be able to stand or walk for an extended period.
- 3 years in a similar role in a busy Purchasing department
- Experience in a similar establishment, ideally in a large, multi-outlet 4 or 5 star hotel environment
- Diploma/Degree in Purchasing and supply chain management or any other related course.
How to Apply
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.