|Jobs in Tanzania: Research Communication Specialist at IITA Tanzania, October 2018|
IITA is seeking an experienced, highly talented and digitally savvy candidate to fill the position of Research Communication Specialist for the Africa RISING East/southern Africa Project based in Arusha . Nafasi za kazi IITA Tanzania
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa. we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future
Working under the supervision of the Africa RISING Communications and Knowledge Management Leader, the successful candidate will be expected to help develop a communications strategy for the project and implement various activities that will enhance the visibility and knowledge management of the project, with a specific focus to the donor (USAID), the farming communities, government officials, and project partners as primary audience groups.
The position will be based Arusha with field work travels to project sites in Tanzania and Malawi
▪ Post-graduate degree (M.A. MSc or Post-graduate Diploma) in Communication.
Knowledge Management. Journalism or related field from a recognized university.
• At least 3-5 years relevant experience in the communications held.
• Ability to conceptualize. design and implement communication campaigns, strategies and programs.
• Very good knowledge of oral and written English – we want a writer/communicator.
• Communication and facilitation ‘generalist – editing. writing. policy communication, community engagement. and skills. information management, process facilitation, reporting and administration. Nafasi za ajira IITA Tanzania
• Experience in working with different national media.
• Excellent knowledge of modern communication tools and approaches. and solid experience in knowledge including ICT and web 2.0 tools applications like wiki, Flickr, slideshare. Yammer, Youtube. Dropbox and blogg
• Self-starter able to work to agreed priorities and deliverables.
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills in an international environment
The initial contract for the position is two years with possibility of renewal. This is a nationally recruited position and IITA offers a competitive remuneration package.Applications:
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV (4 pages maximum) explaining their interest in the position, relevant documents and testimonials and the names and addresses telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Applications should be addressed to the Country Representative, IITA-Tanzania, Plot No. 25. Mwenge – Coca-Cola Road, Mikocheni Industrial Area P.O. Box 34441, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or by email to IITA-Tanzania@cgiar.org
Applicants are requested to please indicate the reference number for the position as indicated on the heading of the announcement in your application as well as on the subject of your email it sending by email. If sending by post or hand delivery, please indicate the reference number on your application as well as on the left hand side of your envelope. Please note that any applications without the reference number indicated will be automatically disqualified.
Closing date: Two weeks from the date of advertisement appearing in the newspaper.Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In-charge Dar es salaam Sales at Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL), October 2018
IITA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
To find out more about IITA, visit our websites at www.iita.org