Relationship Manager - Global Subsidiaries - (1800025019)
Company: Standard Chartered Bank
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
The Role Responsibilities: The Relationship Manager is the strategic advisor/value add partner to the Client, accountable for the overall client group revenues, profitability and risk acceptance (AML, CDD and Credit). The RAM/FAM is responsible for establishing and maintaining an end to end understanding of the client group structure and client needs and steering the client relationship through Account Planning
- Lead the origination and client relationship management for a portfolio of International Corporate Clients •Focus on a range of Corporate banking products and services, with emphasis on those delivering NFR
- Active engagement and high level (‘c’ suite) contacts with senior executives within clients •Maintain a strong working relationship with Credit, Legal and Compliance and other key stakeholders
Our Ideal Candidate Strategy
- Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process
(i.)Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RoRWA, etc)
(ii.)Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk.
- Actively originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (eg Network, Transaction Banking etc), whilst selectively developing new relationships where required.
- Engage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients, promoting a move away from ‘transactional’ reactive client coverage to consistent value added partner/trusted advisor status. Anticipate clients’ needs and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate.
- Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio
- Professionally represent Standard Chartered within region and internationally.
- Bring strategic thought to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie.
- Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed.
- Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the Industries in which our clients operate
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
1)Close ties exist with key stakeholders eg. Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Corporate Finance Risk, Country CEOs, Service Delivery, etc.
2)Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
3)The client portfolio is managed in compliance with the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute to policy formulation
4)Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the IC team
5) All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with IC/CIB standards ie Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management
- Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary.
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified.
- Ensure that key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the Corporate teams
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Regulatory & Business conduct (This is mandatory standard wording, please tailor wording in brackets, and do not remove).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Tanzania Global Subsidiaries team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to Local Regulator (Central Bank of Tanzania) prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation. Key Stakeholders Internal:
- Engage with product partners within the region and globally to ensure breadth and depth of client coverage and deepening.
- Engage with Client Managers on relevant client account management activities
- Consult with senior stakeholders in Risk and Legal & Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
Job Opportunity Gender Specialist, Legislative, Dodoma, Tanzania
- Designated point of contact with IC clients, acting as a trusted advisor/value added partner to clients
- Peers in the Corporate Banking sector
- Embed here for good and Group’s brand and values in SCB Tanzania’s CIB/GS.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Multiple functions (double hats); N/A
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Job: Global Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 19/Oct/2018
Unposting Date: 03/Nov/2018
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
3 total views, 1 today