Job Opportunity at Engender health, Program Officer
Other Arusha District Arusha
TITLE: FP/RH Program Officer
PROGRAM: USAID Boresha Afya Project North/Central Zone
REPORTS TO: FP/RH Technical Specialist
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth collaborates with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value for sustainable development.
The CHSD Project, Award 2 aims to control the HIV/AIDS epidemic by supporting the provision of high-quality HIV prevention, care and treatment through increasing access to high quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, especially for women and youth, with a focus on FP, HIV/AIDS, and TB. Award 2 cover geographic areas with the highest disease burden across the following regions: Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma, Singida, and Tabora. EngenderHealth is the lead gender and FP/RH partner, as a sub-recipient to EGPAF.
The FP/RH Officer, will be based in Arusha project offices and reporting to the Technical Specialist, FP/RH or FP/RH Coordinator TBC, will support project activities contributing to increased access and improved quality of integrated FP/RH services in their designated regions. The FP/RH Officer will work with field teams to provide administrative and program support in the implementation of the supported programs in Tanzania. The overall responsibilities will include provision of assistance and support to integrated FP/RH services focusing in a variety of technical areas such as training, full and free informed choice, infection prevention, health promotion, operations research and clinical quality improvement.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support programming initiatives to improve clinical services for integrated FP/RH at the regional/district levels.
- Participate in program development to improve the quality and safety of integrated FP/RH services.
- Support the development and implementation of quality improvement strategies with counterparts.
- Provide technical assistance to programs for improving infection prevention practices.
- Participate in planning, implementation and follow-up of clinical training activities.
- Participate in planning, implementation and monitoring of mobile and community outreaches
- Participate in planning and support implementation for integrated health promotions/campaigns as appropriate
- Collaborate with the field office team in assessing requests for support and in preparation of work plans
- Assist districts (CHMTs) and FP/RH Trainers coordinate, plan and conduct trainings for TOTs and SPs.Monitor ongoing programs and recommend appropriate action to the manager and the HQ in support of these programs.
- Develop and maintain contacts with health and family planning professionals and governmental authorities, to identify reproductive health and family planning issues, and develop related services.
- Conduct training follow up and clinical monitoring and coaching site visits, review the programming and implementation of ongoing projects, prepare reports, make recommendations and conduct follow-up visits as directed.
- Build capacity to the CHMTs to conduct integrated supervision, clinical training and mentorships.
- Participate in CHMT and other technical meetings organized by CHMTS and other stakeholders at the district and regional levels as appropriate
- Assist with developing and writing technical and/or research papers that document the achievements of the projects work with clinical services.
- Participate in the introduction of new approaches for integration of services at facility and community levels as appropriate
- Assist with the annual work plan development and quarterly, annual and other program reporting to the prime partner.
- Must possess a medical degree (MD, MBBS), clinical degree (such as nursing, midwifery) or a university degree in a related.
- A minimum of three (3+) years of work experience providing FP/RH technical assistance to public and private institutions/organizations, including clinical training, and mentoring health care providers at multiple levels of the health care system is essential.
- At least 3 (3+) years of experience working with NGOs in planning, designing, budgeting, managing, supervising, evaluating and documenting integrated health programs is preferred.
- Experience working for international agencies and USAID-funded health programs is preferred.
- Experience in conducting clinical training in FP/RH in bilateral tubal ligation, vasectomy, LARCs, counseling integration, infection prevention, PAC, YFS and related focus areas.
- Knowledge in infection prevention, quality assurance and clinical research desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the management and provision of reproductive health services at facility and community levels.
- Experience working in a matrix management environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and function effectively as part of a team, and to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g., active listening, cultural competence, responsiveness)
- Strong written and verbal communications kills in English are a must.
- Fluency in Kiswahili and spoken and written English is required.
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of his/her time to supervise and support field activities.
- The FP/RH Officer, will be based in Arusha project offices and reporting to the Technical Specialist, FP/RH or FP/RH Coordinator TBC, will support project activities contributing to increased access and improved quality of integrated FP/RH services in their designated regions