Job Opportunities at HelpAge International October, 2018
Social Protection Programme Manager
Open for Tanzanian nationals with relevant skills, experience and qualifications
(Annual Gross Salary Tshs. 33,058,452.00 Pus other benefits)
HelpAge International is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older women and men, nationally and/or internationally.
In Tanzania HelpAge seeks to support older people’s access to income security and access to health and care rights and entitlements by working both through policy development and by empowering older men and women to demand these rights. HelpAge achieves these by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders in government, civil society, the private sector and academic institutions.
HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Social Protection Programme Manager (SPPM) that will be based in Dar es Salaam with regular travel to the field.
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request.
To manage Social Protection Programmes provide strategic leadership on how to achieve income security for older people in Tanzania. The role requires the ability to train government and other stakeholders in social protection, engage in policy influencing and advocacy at national and local levels and supporting civil society partners and older people in advocating for social pensions and other appropriated social protection schemes for older people and other vulnerable people especially people with disability.
- Masters in Social Protection or any other related social science field
- Minimum five years in a management position with proven leadership in supervising staff and Managing Social Protection Department /Unit in any International organization or development partner
- Experience of strategic and programme planning & management including financial planning and management
- Proven proposal writing skills and the ability to positively influence donors
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Data analysis software skills and Microsoft outlook Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design and implementation of Social Protection Programme work in Tanzania by ensuring programmes adhere to approved Business Plan and strategies and agreed donor conditions and budgets. In particular, the post holder will:
- Ensure gender is mainstreamed in the design, implementation and monitoring of Social Protection Projects.
- Building and fostering national and regional alliances and networks that enhance sharing, learning and collaboration among actors.
- Lead fundraising efforts for social protection work in Tanzania
- Play active role in lobbying and advocacy on issues related to Social Protection, a Universal Pension in particular through personal contacts and co-ordination of allies.
- Develop partners to effectively engage with the government and other stakeholders in order to promote the mainstreaming of ageing issues in poverty reduction programmes both at the local and national level, including presentation skills
Contract Period is one (1) year with potential for renewal
Candidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description. Interested applicants should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email to: email@example.com
copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by 06th November 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Do not send any certificates at this stage.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer.