JOB TITLE: Country Director
JOB POSTING – TANZANIA COUNTRY DIRECTOR
CLOSING DATE: Open until Filled
ORGANIZATION: Right To Play International
WORK LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
CONTRACT TYPE: Either National or International depending on the outcome.
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities.
With programming in over 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Visit us at www.righttoplay.com
The Country Director reports directly to the Vice President Africa Programs, providing high-level oversight, strategic guidance and technical support to the Country Office. The ultimate goal of the position is to manage and grow the organization’s programming, to increase the quality, efficiency and long-term impact of the program; and to promote and advocate for sustained high-level engagement of government and civil society. Nafasi za ajira mpya
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (must have):
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development studies or another related discipline.
• 10 years’ experience in a leadership role within a large or international organization working on strategic planning, quality improvement, project planning and implementation, monitoring and evaluation, human resources and financial management.
• Strategic planning skills
• Leadership, influencing and managerial skills
• Ability to gain trust and secure donor funding
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials, donors and community leaders
• Creativity and problem-solving skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines
• Proven knowledge of program management tools and procedures.
• Proven knowledge of budgetary control and financial management, including the ability to read and understand financial data.
• Proven experience in proposal development and report writing.
• Demonstrated computer skills especially in MS Office packages.
• Understanding country laws and regulations.
• Fluency in oral and written English required
• Strong understanding of financial analysis.
• Sport and play industry experience.
Employment Start Date: Immediately
Contract Duration: Long-term engagement based on performance and availability of funds
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including a flexible work policy (e.g. work from home and flex hours).
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
AfricaHR@righttoplay.com and kindly include “Position Name” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Nafasi za kazi Right to play
We are a child-centred organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment