Administration officer Job Opportunity at Amref Health Africa October, 2018
Amref Health Africa is teaming up with University of Maryland in Baltimore (UMB) to complement each other’s extensive expertise to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals for HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project which is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, branded as Afya Kamilifu Project will be implemented in Tanga region and Zanzibar Islands in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this Amref Health Africa Tanzania is announcing the following positions to be filled for this project:
Position: Administration officer
Location: Amref project offices in Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Administration Manager
To provide strategic and operational leadership in Administration, social enterprise and Security functions. Ensure that administrative operations of Am ref Health Africa Tanzania country program run efficiently in cost effective manner.
- Custodian of all administrative functions, spearheads general administrative functions of the country office and provide support to projects.
- Develop and implement annual work plans for administrative functions with support to projects, and give technical support in administration related areas
- Development and maintenance administrative systems, policies and procedures.
- Maintenance and insurance of all organizational assets and ensure conducive working environment for staff with optimal use of organizational resources.
- Coordinate booking of meeting rooms ,arranging staff and visitors travels and accommodations
- Manage stock taking and disposal of Amref’s obsolete assets in line with policies and procedures guideline.
- Ensure vehicle are Managed as per policies and procedures across the organization.
- Establish fuel and vehicle maintenance monitoring system to promote efficiency and effectiveness in vehicle use.
- Provide oversight in the skills acquisition staff on safety and security for Amref’s assets and staff at all times.
- Contract management for contractors I providers of goods and services and overall oversight on properties, house rent, legal cases, vendors and others that need the attention of administration unit.
- Oversee training of Amref staff on safety procedures and first aid care giving compliance to standard operation procedures by Amref staff and high performance by security service providers
- Ensure services of utility are properly delivered and payments to the services are paid in time
- Supervise cleaning service providers and messenger
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor on daily basis in relation to your position.
- Pro-active and innovative attitude
- Hard working with analytical ability
- Ability to work independently
- Strong team leader and player
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Management or other related fields. Master’s in Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Excellent administration. At least two (2) years’ experience in office administration in a busy organization.
- Experience of working in NGO is an asset.
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of two referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30hrs on October 30th. 2018
. All correspondence should be directed to: Email: email@example.com