Administration Manager Job Opportunity at Amref Health Africa October, 2018
Amref Health Africa is teaming up with University of Maryland in Baltimore (UMB) to complement each other’s extensive expertise to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals for HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project which is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, branded as Afya Kamilifu Project
will be implemented in Tanga region and Zanzibar Islands
in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this Amref Health Africa Tanzania is announcing the following positions to be filled for this project:
Position: Administration Manager
Location: Amref Health Africa Country Office in Dar es Salaam Reports to:
Senior Procurement Manager
Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic leadership to the Administration, Procurement, Fleet, and Security functions and ensuring that operations of the entire Amref Health Africa in Tanzania country program support services run efficiently and effectively in a cost effective manner.
- Spear head budget formulation and control for the entire department and provide support to projects in budget formulation.
- Develop and implement annual work plans for administrative functions with support to projects, and give technical support in proposal development in administration related areas.
- Work with teams to design strategies for continuous process improvement to ensure sustainability of operations at all levels.
- Manage the development and maintenance of administrative systems, policies and procedures.
- Oversee effective maintenance and insurance of all organizational assets and ensure staff conducive working environment with optimal use of organizational resources.
- Manage the development of clear disposal guidelines, policies and procedures for Amref Health Africa’s obsolete assets.
- Oversee the drafting and servicing of service contracts, their management and payment processing.
- Design and implement fuel and vehicle management policies and procedures.
- Oversee the development, deployment and maintenance of appropriate security systems that ensure Network, systems and data security from internal and external threats.
- Establish, manage and update security guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Oversee training of Amref Health Africa staff in safety procedures and first aid care giving and compliance to standard operation procedures by Amref Health Africa staff and high performance by security service providers.
Qualification, skills and experience
- Master’s Degree in Administration, Management or other related fields.
- Minimum five years’ experience in similar role, and working at least three years in an NGO or a donor funded project
- Additional professional training in procurement, stores management, and fleet management are essential.
- Skilled in Administration, organization development, strategic orientation and team orientation
- Thorough understanding of the local labor laws; confidentiality, analytical with an eye for detail
- Good communication skills; good organization skills; working with people, drive for results, leading and supervising, persuading and influencing, commitment, and integrity.
Fluency in English and Kiswahili required (excellent written, spoken and comprehension skills).
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of two referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30hrs on October 30th. 2018
. All correspondence should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org