Underground Charge Up Operator / Trainer at African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) Ocrober, 2018
|Underground Charge Up Operator / Trainer at African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) Ocrober, 2018|
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining with operations throughout Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Mali, Burkina Faso) Established in 2007, we have spent over 11 years building a strong reputation for being a safe and high performing underground mining services contractor. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
AUMS is a joint venture of Australian Mining Contractors Barminco Ltd and Ausdrill Ltd.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. We look forward to receiving your application for the following position.
AUMS is currently seeking suitably experienced U/G Bogger Operator / Trainers & Charge Up Operator / Trainers for our Geita Gold Mine Contract in Geita.
These opportunities are permanent positions, locally based in Geita on a 6/3 Roster.
Underground Charge Up Operator / Trainer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use of a variety of explosives and initiating systems, depending on drill pattern, rock type and hole dimension;
- Handle and transport explosive material in a safe manner according to procedures;
- Charge up holes, down-holes and development drives;
- Charge Up and fire stope blasts according to blast plan;
- Ensure that all statutory requirements associated with the mining operation are completed in compliance with the WA Mining Regulations, Act and Tanzanian Mining Regulations and Act.
- Ensure working area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform duties;
- Liaise with Geologists, Engineers and Shift Supervisors to optimize blast designs;
- Prepping Stope Blast Holes and produce and accurate Stope Prep plan;
- Full understanding of Charge Plans and charge Stopes according to plan;
- Have good communication and written skills.
- 7 years Experience in Production Charging;
- Experience with ICON Charging and Logging;
- Experience Charging with both Emulsion and Anfo;
- Understanding and ability to conduct Density testing of Emulsion.
- Experience in operating a Normet Charmec LC605 charging unit;
Sound mechanical knowledge of both the Normet
and Hypercharge Unit;
- Valid Tanzanian Manual Driver’s Licence;
- West Australian Shotfirer’s Licence or Tanzanian Blast Certificate
- West Australian Dangerous Goods Card or Tanzanian Security Clearance for Transport and Handling Explosives;
- Working at Heights Certificate;
- An acceptable National Police Clearance/Security Check;
- Flexible and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities;
- Previously employed in an underground Charge-Up role;
- Solid history of reliability and good work ethic;
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including a clear drug & alcohol screen;
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification.
Your proactive attitude to safety and highly driven work ethic will see you as a much-valued employee, who aligns with AUMS values and ‘can do’ attitude. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, opportunities for career progression and development and the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
If successful, a full pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol screen will be required, as well as a National Police Clearance.
If you have the skills and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your application.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email [email protected]
Application letters should reach the above on or before 15th November 2018
6 total views, 1 today