THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF WORKS, TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATION
REGIONAL MANAGER’S OFFICE TANROADS – MANYARA
Regional Manager TANROADS – MANYARA on behalf of Chief Executive TANROADS seeks to recruit qualified and competent with high integrity Tanzanian Citizen to fill the following vacant post for specific duties on contract basis within Manyara Region.
Successful applicant must be ready to work for considerable length of time away from his/her permanent station as situation warrants.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of two years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATORS – (3 POSTS)
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Successful applicants must be ready to work on all working days, Weekend and during Public Holidays. They should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time when required under minimum supervision.
The Position Holder shall report to the Weighbridge Shift In-charge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge Scale devices;
Weigh Motor vehicle with Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM)>3.500 kg on public roads;
Imposing road damage fee on the spot for overloaded vehicle;
- Measuring physical dimension of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle and providing advice to transporters in case of non compliance with vehicle dimension limit;
- For truck carrying abnormal load with special permit, the Weighbridge operator shall ascertain compliance to the permit. Any discrepancy should be reported to the Weighbridge In-charge for appropriate action;
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity, integrity and strict compliance with laid down day to day procedures;
- Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Weighbridge Shift In-Charge;
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Supervisor.
- Must be Holder of Ordinary Secondary Education Certificate.
- Must have an FTC or Diploma in Civil, Highway, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or any other related discipline from any recognised Learning Institution/Collage;
- Computer literate;
- Age limit between 20-40 years;
- Must be fluent in both Swahili and English language;
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
According to TANROADS Salary Scale: TRS 4.1
MODE OF APPLICATION
All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their application letters to the under-mentioned address not later than 9th November, 2018 at 16:30 hrs; local time with their complete CVs; certified copies of all academic and professional certificates, certified birth certificate; names of two referees inclusive former employer if any; applicants contact telephone number and postal address. Only.the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Neither electronic nor late application will be considered.
Application should be addressed to:-
P.O. Box 24,
BABATI – MANYARA
Tel: + 027 2530383
Fax: +027 2510008