Functional Testing Lead Job at Safaricom
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to Senior Manager – Quality Assurance, the position holder will will lead the development and implementation of testing strategy and frameworks in Software functional testing and ensure solutions delivered to the customers meet the desired user specifications; ensuring all bugs are identified and resolved before product launch leading to zero revenue losses and customer impact
Functional Testing Lead Job Responsibilities
- Define and drive the software quality strategy and roadmap in functional testing
- Accountable for building and leading the full functional testing team
- Drive digital transformation in functional testing to achieve higher levels of competency and efficiency.
- Engage with the stakeholders in creating testing schedules and manage the functional testing teams to execute within the planned timelines
- Provides direction for the functional testing team, ensuring that activities of the team are aligned with all stakeholders.
- Accountable for managing CAPEX and OPEX budgets for testing environments for all systems and testing tools
- Accountable for end to end budgeting, implementation and management of fully functional test environments for all IT systems ensuring stability of all test environments
- Accountable for setting up, administration and maintaining tools for test management
- Define suitable metrics for measuring test progress and evaluation of the quality of the testing process and products
- Accountable for setting up quality gates and enforcing adherence to these gates
- Accountability in test data management
- Accountable for validation of quality of all releases and fully accountable for product readiness to production
- Lead programs to increase the quality of delivery
- Perform & provide guidance & mentoring on Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, Data Driven Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing and Supporting User Acceptance Testing
- Evaluate, review and if appropriate, implement recommendations for improvements to existing Test Life Cycle procedures and documentation
Qualifications for the Functional Testing Lead Job
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Development or related subject.
- Must have ISTQB Certification
- 5 years + experience in software testing in a busy IT environment
- Strong understanding of the software Testing Life cycle
- Experience in managing large test teams
- Ability to effectively manage competing resources and priorities
- Knowledge of Acceptance Test Driven Development
- Experience in functional testing and use of test management tools
- Experience in Software Engineering methodologies including Agile, Micro-services architecture.
- Strong risk identification and mitigation planning skills
- Strong leadership skills
How to Apply
5 total views, 1 today