Project Manager – IT & Services Job Opportunity at TIGO Tanzania | June, 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI TIGO TANZANIA
Project Manager – IT & Services (Grade 9)
Job Country: Tanzania
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consults in order to deliver project according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Direct and manage project development from begin to end
Define project scope, goals and deliverables and that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
Develop full-scale, project plans and associated communications documents
Effective communicate project expectations to the team member and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
Draft and submit budget proposal and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
Set and continually manage project expectations with team member and other stakeholders.
Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
Track project milestones and deliverables
Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation, and presentations.
Determine the frequency and contents of status report from the project team, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas.
Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crisis and devise contingency plans.
Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involve partied throughout project lifecycle.
Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
Develop best practice and tools for the project execution and management.
Qualification & Experience
• University degrees or college diploma in the field of science, information systems, computer engineering or Telecommucations
• 1-3 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Certification in Project Management (PMP,CAPMP)
• Strong familiarity with project management software.
• Familiar with programming languages, including Java and Microsoft.Net
• Database and operating systems experience with Window Server
• Competent and proficient understanding of Telecommunications platforms
• Demonstrated experience in personnel management
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
• Can confirm to shifting priorities, demand and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
• Flexible during times of change.
This position is open to people: Local
“We are committed to equal employment opportunities and unbiased treatment of all individuals in all employment practices”
Only Successful Candidates will be contacted
4 total views, 1 today