RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
RTI International is seeking staff for the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) Promoting Tanzania's Environment, Conservation, and Tourism (PROTECT) project that addresses factors in Tanzania that threaten biodiversity conservation and natural resource management. USAID PROTECT is a 5-year activity that will end in Ma. 2020. We are recruiting a Grants Officer in Dar es Salaam.
GRANTS OFFICER - Dar es Salaam
The USAID PROTECT Grants Officer will assist in the day-to-day administration of grants awarded under the project that will encompass the solicitation phase through close-out. The Gran. Officer will assist to ensure performance of grants monitoring to assure compliance with (a) award-specific requirements and (b) applicable donor regulations as incorporated in awards. S/he works on team with USAID PROTECT Grants Assistant and the Grants Manager on a day-to-day basis.
• Support the administrative process of issuing of Request for Applications (RFA's)
• Participate in conducting pre-award assessments and surveys
• Ensure completeness of the grants award package, perform background checks on applicants and their key personnel.
• As directed by the Project Grants Manager, perform monitoring of grantees and ensure that corrective action plan is followed through.
• Provide capacity building training to local organizations, which has been customized to meet the organization, needs
• Process administrative documents for execution of award documents (pre-award authorizations, awards, modifications, etc.)
• Review of grantee performance and ensure compliance with award terms and conditions
• Review and process grantee advance requests, invoices, and liquidations
• Assist in close-out process of grants
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors' degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, International Relations, or related field
• At least 6 years relevant experience in grants management/administration and international development projects, with a preference for experience on USAID-funded projects
• Knowledge of USAID and USG assistance-related regulations
• Fluent in English (both verbal and written)
• Previous experience providing training and developing capacity building/sustainability plans for local organizations is preferred
Skills 3 Abilities:
• Availability to travel throughout Tanzania on short trips to work with grantees
• Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook. PowerPoint, Excel.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Coaching skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work independently and within matrix project and program teams
• Attention to detail and accuracy
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th June 2018. Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of the email. Please do not attach copies of certificates. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process. RTI International is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Source: The Guardian June 04, 2018