JOB OPPORTUNITY – NATION MEDIA GROUP
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA NATION MEDIA GROUP
The East African is a regional weekly published by Nation Media Group, the largest and prominent Media Conglomerate in East Africa operating through its head office in Naifobi and best known for its authoritative titles across the East African region and beyond.
Established with fully-fledged bureaus in Dar es Salaam, Kigali and Kampala, The East African has maintained its niche as the most authoritative regional publication spearheading, among other areas, the regional integration, business and social economic welfare of the East African citizens.
The East African is looking to strengthen its presence in Tanzania through its media business portfolio and is therefore, looking for talented and self-motivated sales personnel to fill available positions:
CORRESPONDENT-THE EAST AFRICAN (1) POST
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following
Key Result Areas:
- Developing, reports and writing News and Feature stories for the title he/she is assigned to in finished form, so that no major rewrite is required or no extensive additional report is needed.
- Attending assigned news functions, taking notes on location, carrying out interviews, checking facts and making an audio/visual recording as the case may be; writing News or Features at their own initiative, choice and judgment or at the direction of either the News Editor or Section Editor;
- Ensuring that the material so written reflects a thorough understanding of NMG style of journalism as defined in the editorial policy guidelines and objectives, the house style and the journalistic code of ethical journalism;
- Researching and providing background information to make copy complete;
- Briefing the News Editor on stories gathered and writing the selected ones within set deadlines;
- Following news leads and maintaining close contacts with news sources;
- Continually building his/her contacts list and demonstrating its value with consistent exclusive reports or information;
- Prioritize digital content by breaking the news on social medial platforms;
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Academic: Basic University Degree in journalism/Mass Communication
- Professional: Diploma in Journalism
- Experience: At least 1 to 3 years working experience.
- You must be a Tanzanian National.
- You must demonstrate knowledge in East African regional developments, integration processes in areas of social, political and economic issues; and be abreast with regional and global current affairs.
- You must have completed and a holder of at least a Diploma in Journalism-related studies from a recognized institution of higher learning in East Africa.
- You must have at least five-year working experience in a reputable and competitive newsroom environment in any country in East Africa.
- You must be ready to work for long hours with minimum supervision from your superiors.
- You must demonstrate a higher level of command of spoken and written English language.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact byJune 15,2018 to:
Human Resources Manager
Mwananchi Communications ltd
P.O. Box 19754.
Dar es Salaam. Email: email@example.com
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.