Associate Trainees at IMMMA Advocates, June 2018 (4 Positions)
IMMMA Advocates is one of the active law firms in the United Republic of Tanzania, with a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers working on various areas of practice. IMMMA Advocates is a member of DLA Piper Africa, an alliance of leading law firms working together in association with DLA Piper.
IMMMA is committed in developing the capability of its professionals and help them to realize their potential by achieving a consistently high standard in managing, training and supporting them and develop their careers.
IMMMA Advocates offers career opportunities to lawyers, graduates and business support professionals to experience the law in a practical way while enhancing their skills and knowledge and identify potential and promising candidates who can become entrenched as part of the global firm Therefore, we are looking for competent individuals to fill the below vacancies;
ASSOCIATE TRAINEES - 4 POSITIONS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ASSOCIATE TRAINEE
Successful candidates will be offered a position of associate trainee for a maximum period of two years subject to annual professional performance evaluation that may entitle a successful associate trainee to qualify as full associate. As associate trainee, a qualified candidate shall be responsible for undertaking of legal assignments that may include but are not limited to;
1. drafting and issuing legal memorandum and opinion;
2. reviewing of various legal briefs as requested and instructed by clients;
3. drafting of pleadings and any other court documents;
4, assisting and advising clients on companies' incorporation, filing of annual returns and tax returns;
5. making follow ups at various registries;
6. preparing and disseminating various reports to clients on monthly or quarterly as/when they may be required by clients:
7. preparing presentations on legal topics affecting clients due to changes in laws or practical development in the law in the country;
8. preparing legal alerts to clients on matters that you have participated or conversant with;
9. assisting partners and senior associates on matters that are ongoing in courts and or tribunals, both local and international; and
10. attend to other duties as shall be assigned by the supervising partners from time to time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
1. A University degree in laws (L.L.B) from a recognized university with a minimum pass of upper second class. Postgraduate qualifications in Law (LLM) or in other fields will be added qualifications.
2. Holders of Postgraduate Diploma from Law school of Tanzania or other recognized qualifications by the Council for Legal Education that entitle the holder to practice before the High Court of Tanzania and other courts subordinate thereto (but not Primary Courts).
3. Ready to learn and work together as a team player to attract clients and high value work in the country, in Africa and globally.
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you fit the above qualifications and ready to take the challenges of this highly demanding profession, please submit your application together with copies of your certified certificates, your curriculum vitae and names of two professional referees to the addressee below: -
6 total views, 1 today