NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA PSI TANZANIA
ABOUT PSI TANZANIA
Population Services International (PSI) Tanzania is a not-for-profit Tanzanian trust which has been working to improve the health of Tanzanians since 1993. We use Social Marketing to engage private sector resources and use private sector techniques to encourage healthy behaviour, and make markets work for the poor. We are affiliated with PSI, an international social marketing organization working in over 60 countries, and based in Washington DC.
PSI Tanzania is hereby announcing the following vacant opportunity;
Job Title: ASSISTANT PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Reporting to: PROCUREMENT MANAGER
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
Ensure that PSI procures the right products and services at the right time, quantity, and price by
following PSI policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procurement of various services and expendables for the Organization
- Ensure that purchase requisition have been correctly converted into purchased order in a timely manner
- Evaluate quotations from local suppliers, compile comprehensive bid analysis and ensure approval by respective signatories and budget holders prior to preparing orders
- Follow up with suppliers and update user divisions/departments about the status of their orders to ensure awareness
- Record approved invoices in the register and Excel spread sheet, before sending to finance department for payment
- Ensure that approved purchase order has been sent to the supplier via email of hand and copy to procurement team and the requesting department
- Follow up for VAT exemption certificate
- Manage vendor relations and vendor performance issues in respective area
- Ensure that procurement records are well maintained and properly filed
- Follow up invoices from vendors, records approved purchase orders in the register and Excel spread sheet before sending it to finance department
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain or any other related field
- Registration with professional board Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technician Board (PSPTB)
- Experience in Procurement of not less than two years
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Swahili
How to apply:
Application for the position must include:
Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day –time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
Application will be considered valid, if sent/received before 1700hrs, Wednesday, 12th June, 2018.
Please note that only short- listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Send
your application to [email protected] in MS Word or PDF file.
Indicate the name of position on the subject line of your email.