NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA
MUHIMBILI UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
DEPARTMENT OF HAEMATOLOGY AND BLOOD TRANSFUSION SICKLE CELL PROGRAMME
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY- SICKLE CELL PROGRAMME
Sickle Cell Programme is a research programme in the Department of Haematology and Blood Transfusion at Muhimbili University of Health & Allied Sciences (MUHAS) in Dar-esSalaam, Tanzania
. The programme conducts biomedical research, support health care, advocacy and training. The Sickle cell Programme has an employment opportunity for highly motivated and results-driven individual.
Reports to the Principal Investigator (PI)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Providing administrative support principally for the Principal investigator (PI)
2. Manage the PI’s diary on daily, weekly and monthly basis
3. Logging, processing and disseminating correspondence for the PI’s.
4. Reviewing communication directed to PI and where appropriate summarizing, responding, initiating, fact-finding and or referring the matter to the appropriate officials.
5. Drafting standard correspondence; producing letters, papers, reports and other documentation to the highest standards of presentation;
6. Advance planning and logistical support for meetings (e.g. preparation of weekly schedules of visits and meetings, preparing agenda, briefing papers etc);
7. Provide support to the PI for visitors to the Sickle Cell Programme.
8. Acting as the first point of contact in the PI’s office for all internal and external enquires by telephone and in person. These enquiries are frequently of a confidential and/or sensitive nature and require understanding and discretion.
9. Responsible for the PI’s national/ international travel requirements including arrangement of accommodation, cars/taxis as required; managing all travel using the project approved travel providers via electronic booking system; researching and reserving domestic/ international flight reservations; ensuring that VISAs are applied for when required.
10. Manage HR, management, financial issues related to the PI.
11. Ensure proper documentation of the office documents related to the PI.
12. Perform any other duties as assigned by senior management in the Sickle Cell Programme.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. University degree in Public Administration, Human Resource Management, Business Management and other related field.
2. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in relevant field.
3. Excellent written and spoken English & Kiswahili
4. Computer literate
This position will be on full time basis
. Applicants should send their CV’s, scanned copies of transcripts/certificates and a cover letter outlining their suitability as per the job description to: [email protected]
or address it to: Principal Investigator, Sickle cell Programme, P. O. Box 65001, Dar Es Salaam latest by 16:00 PM on Monday, 11th June 2018
. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.