Type of role: Advocacy policy and research
Location: Dar es Salaam, travelling to all regions, Tanzania
Application Closing Date: 11 Jun 2018
Interview date: To be announced
Start date: July 2018
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
In this role the M & E Officer will work closely with the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in planning and review systems for proper project implementation that ensure strong project delivery. The M and E Officer will also work with international M & E advisers on delivering our project a high quality standard.
Your specific task will directly contribute to monitoring and evaluating VSO projects, through various evaluation interventions and analysis. This analysis will show the impact of the VSO projects and give advice for future direction of implementation of the M&E strategy.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Social Science, or related field;
• 1-3 years’ experience in M&E;
• Experience in managing research projects;
• Experience in management of data either in development organization or government or private company/ firm;
• Experience in training and mentoring others;
• Data analysis skills;
• Ability develop and use ODK platform in data collection;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Excellent management skills;
• Good communication skills;
• Fluent in English;
• Knowledgeable of challenges of working in Africa.
The ideal candidate must be a team player with good social and interpersonal skills and networking abilities. S/he should be able to handle conflicts in a constructive, consultative way.
Only Nationals(Tanzanians) are encouraged to apply for this role.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
MAKE AN APPLICATION
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA VSO TANZANIA MAY 2018