The Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is seeking for suitably qualified and experienced person to undertake the following assignments under the FAO Programme in Tanzania:
(1 CONSULTANT FOR MAINLAND AND 1 FOR ZANZIBAR)
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (MO), leads international efforts to alleviate hunger, eliminate poverty and achieve food and nutrition security for all.
At present, FAO is supporting a number of interventions related to Agriculture (crop, Livestock, Fisheries & forestry) development. The support is intended to facilitate the development of inclusive and sustainable food systems that effectively link smallholders to processing, value addition and end-markets supplying higher-value. nutritious and differentiated food products. FAO support is also aimed at creation of decent jobs and income opportunities in the Country. especially for youths.
For this reason, FAO would like to recruit a consultant who will oversee value chain development interventions in the country.
The National Consultant - Value chain l Youth Employment reports to the FAO Representative under direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme)
Tasks and responsibilities:
The National Consultant- Value Chain / Youth Employment will undertake the following duties: • Coordinate the implementation of the project Sustainable Agriculture Value Chain Development in Tanzania, which includes: technical supervision to the project team, financial management. monitoring and reporting
• Provide technical assistance to FAO partners in agricultural value chain development, agricultural supply chain management, private sector development, business development services and marketing
• Coordinate and support FAO's efforts in promoting youth employment in agriculture and collaborate with the Agriculture Lead Ministries, government institutions other UN agencies. private sector and service providers implementing similar projects
• Maintain and develops strong partnerships with organized private sector organizations, cooperatives, partners, collaborators and development finance institutions
• Support the development of agribusiness training material, data. information. More specifically identifying training and data needs and ensure effective development and delivery. • Support studies and surveys related to agribusiness such as value chain analysis. enterprise assessments. business appraisals
• Represent FAO in meetings, presentations, and other dialogues with Governments, private sector, other partners. collaborators and donors' organizations in relation to value chain development and youth involvement in agriculture.
• Organize and facilitates discussions on agribusiness investment-related policy issues involving representatives of the private and public sector, with a view to reach consensus on improved policies:
• Provide technical assistance focusing on strengthening value chain actors skills, best practices, access to finance and other services for commodity specific value chain development:
• To work closely with the Programme team to identify opportunities for expanding the FAO-Tanzania field programme and to undertake resource mobilization for future activities. including
development of concepts notes:
• Undertaking other duties as might be assigned by the FAO Representative and/or Assistant FAO Representative (Programmes)
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Advanced University degree preferably in Agriculture Economics, Business management, agribusiness, or a related field
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• 5 years working experience in Knowledge and practical experience in Agribusiness development including enterprise, value chain and agro-industry development
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with both the private and public sector
• Experience with the value chain development approaches within agriculture:
• Experience within the market systems development in agriculture
• Experience with agricultural financing
• Experience in project formulation and management preferably with a focus on value Chain development
• Candidates should be Tanzanian;
• Academic qualifications; Advanced university degree in (for Consultants)
• Extent and relevance of work experience;
• Document writing skills.
DUTY STATIONS: Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar
DURATION: June 2018 to May 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should complete the FAO Personal Profile Form accessible at:http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access
Applications should be sent with a detailed CV and Personal Profile Form to:
The application should be received not later than 21st May 2018
Source: The Guardian May 08, 2018