Study Clinicians at Management and Development for Health (MDH), April 2018
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania that primarily aims to contribute towards addressing public health priorities through evidence based interventions and partnerships. MDH works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; as well as academic and non-academic institutions to address the problems of tuberculosis (TB), malaria, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, maternal and child health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people and communities.
MDH is working with WHO Living study team in Nairobi to implement a clinical trial titled PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF LOPINAVIR BASED ART FOR HIV INFECTED CHILDREN GLOBALLY (LIVING) STUDY. (BRAND NAME: LIVING STUDY). This study is already going on in Amana and Temeke hospitals in Ilala and Temeke municipalities respectively. MDH is looking for two qualified persons to fill the position of study clinician who will provide quality and professional inputs toward the success of this study.
JOB TTLE: STUDY CLINICIAN (2 posts)
LOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM
REPORT TO: STUDY COORDINATOR
Perform the task as Clinician for the pediatric HIV/AIDS Clinical Trial at one of the study site under the supervision of the study coordinator.
1. Work closely with site study team and study coordinator
2. Conducting screening and enrolment of study participants at the site
3. Providing clinical care to study participants including:
a. Management of Opportunistic Infections
b. Staging of HIV patients for Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) eligibility
c. Initiating ART to naïve participants
d. Managing and report adverse events
e. Prescribe the study drug and other medication as indicated by study protocol and national guidelines.
4. Work with study paediatrician and physician to make all study participants medical related decision.
5. Request and track lab results of all necessary investigations as defined in the study schedule of events.
6. In collaboration with site manager, report all Serious Adverse Events (SAE) to study coordinator, study paediatrician, study PI and DNDi Nairobi team.
7. In collaboration with study counsellor, track and follow up study participants and all SAE
8. Fill and complete all study CRFs precisely and accurately as required by GCP.
9. Responsible for scanning and uploading study CRFs to database.
10. Adhere to regulatory requirement and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines when executing study activities.
11. Make sure all study equipment are available at the study site.
12. Provide study progress weekly report on recruitment, study withdrawals and SAE.
13. Attend and coordinate study weekly meeting at the site.
14. Responsible to manage and secure study data and documents as study protocol.
15. Keep all the study related documents including study site master file, protocol, MOP and SOPs safely and accessible.
16. Updating and maintaining all study logs (Protocol deviation tracking, Consent log, patient screening and identification logs, follow-up tracking log, study monitor log, laboratory investigation tracking log)
17. Perform other job related activities as requested by supervisor.
Qualification and work experience
1. Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution;
2. he/she should have an experience of at least 3 years in paediatric HIV/AIDS related field.
3. Experience in clinical trials and GCP training will be added advantages.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. Applications should be submitted by April 30, 2018, to the Human Resource Manager through e-mail [email protected] or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
6 total views, 1 today