Malaria Surveillance Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at The Palladium Group - Mainland Tanzania, April 2018
Job Details: Malaria Surveillance Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor - Mainland Tanzania
Vacancy Name: Malaria Surveillance Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor - Mainland Tanzania
Work Location: Dar es Salaam
Location Country: Tanzania
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Project Overview and Role
The MEASURE Evaluation Project, based at the Carolina Population Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC), is a global health project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). MEASURE Evaluation focuses on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of population, health, and nutrition programs and improving health sector decision-making. In Tanzania, the Project received an Associate Award from USAID/Tanzania that is anticipated to run through October, 2018. We are currently seeking a Malaria Surveillance,Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor to lead coordination, implementation, documentation and evaluation of malaria surveillance activities in mainland Tanzania. The position will be based at MEASURE Evaluation’s office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Malaria Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will work with National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) and other partners to fulfil the following tasks:
1. Implementation of Malaria surveillance and response system
· Be responsible for smooth implementation of electronic Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (eIDSR) in eight PMI-supported regions (Kagera, Dar es Salaam, Mara, Mwanza, Geita, Manyara, Dodoma, and Singida) and any other regions to which the eIDSR will be scaled-up as per USAID guidance.
· Ensure that required training is conducted, and smooth field implementation and supportive supervision are regularly conducted.
2. Implementation of routine health information system strengthening (RHISS)
· Work to improve malaria data quality and use through the routine health information system.
· Ensure effective planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the strategies for improving malaria data quality and use in mainland Tanzania.
3. Program management and coordination
· Participate in field supervision, monitoring of activities and coordinating needed assistance to ensure smooth implementation
· Represent MEASURE Evaluation in relevant meetings, as needed
· Contribute to preparation of project performance reports, writing of technical reports and scientific papers for presentation in scientific meetings and publishing in various journals.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by Chief of Party
Minimum education and experience required
Applications Close Date: 11 May 2018
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
2 total views, 1 today