Specifically the candidate will oversee the execution of all IT related projects, programs and initiatives managed by the business and ensure that all key milestones are reported and risk rated and that outstanding issues or target dates exceeded are appropriately dealt with and escalated to division when required. To align business and technology standardization strategy for TICTS to drive the implementation of requirements stipulated in the strategy and business needs through facilitating collaborative sessions between business and group IT. Plan the Technology resource requirements for the business unit (including people, Capex, Opex, Systems and Strategic Investment), negotiate and secure its allocation to the business unit and ensure delivery based on the promised business results. Ensure for all new project and system change requests, that a thorough risk assessment is conducted to determine the interdependencies between projects and the impact proposed changes may have on seemingly unrelated processes and systems. Review recommendations prepared by the team on how to address these and determine whether the risk and mitigation is adequate and advise management and division IT head accordingly
Qualification and skills level
This occupation has a level of education and skills to enable the candidate to perform assigned tasks in accordance with TICTS working standards. The following are the minimum requirements.
Applicants should possess;
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information System or other relevant IT academic qualifications. Masters level will be an added advantage.
• Strong ability to manage costs in IT
• Strong IT Operations mindset
• Knowledge and experience in ITIL preferred
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem analysis
• Excellent organization, supervisory, managerial and leadership skills
• Highest level of integrity and ethics compliance
• Project & Change management skills
• A minimum of Five (5) years working experience in managerial level.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply in the strictest confidence to the address below enclosing: • Motivation letter
• A detailed curriculum vitae with certified copies of certificates
• Three referees who will not be contacted without your consent
The Chief Human Resources & Administration Officer
Tanzania International Container Terminal Services Ltd
P.O. Box 71442,
Dar es Salaam
Application deadline is 30th May, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Source: The Guardian May 21, 2018