Position: Finance Officer [two positions based in Iringa and Njombe]
Summary Scope of Work:
The Finance Officer is responsible for assisting the Finance department with various finance functions and to ensure the smooth running of the finance office. This includes handling of expense reports, filing of documents. Provides support to the Finance Managers and assists with other finance tasks as assigned.
• Examines financial documents such as invoices, expense reports and other documents at regional offices to ensure the completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity of financial data before they are sent to Dar es Salaam.
• Ensure that funds spent at regional offices are spend in accordance with Jhpiego’s financial policies and procedures as outlined in the Jhpiego Finance and Accounting policies manual for country offices, Travel Policy, Banking Policy, Procurement Policy, Petty Cash Policy and any other policies.
• Ensures that financial documents, payments supporting documents at regional offices for field activities are sent to Dar es Salaam (at least twice a week) and make necessary follow-ups at field venues as determined by the finance manager.
• Assists in monitoring and reconciling supplier statements from respective regional offices on regular basis and ensures timely settlement of bills.
• Responsible for reviewing petty cash documents at regional offices before they are sent to Dar es Salaam for requesting replenishment.
• Maintain a register for all invoices received at regional offices as well as a register for all deposit slips for funds deposited into Jhpiego’ s bank account at regional offices..
• Assists in monitoring and reconciling travel expenses and project expenses to individual advances on a regular basis.
• Posting of transactions in QBE clouds in accordance with DOA mandate
• Ensures that all staff at regional offices deposits unspent advances to the bank within 48 hours after submission of their expense reports.
• Assist in preparation of ad hoc financial reports as needed.
• Ensures that financial documents from the regional offices are sent to Dar es Salaam on a timely basis (at least twice a week).
• Be an integral part of the regional office team by providing RPMs with data for decision making including burn rate/spending level, aging, open purchase orders and embed value for money in these advice to the team.
• Participate in inventory count as needed.
• Provide guidance to regional office staff on finance related policies and procedures.
• Assist in making payments for field activities and prepare reconciliation reports on a timely basis. • Follow up on outstanding advances for staff at the regional offices in collaboration with the finance manager and the regional program manager
• Provide guidance/feedback to Finance Manager to ensure the sound functioning of the Jhpiego regional office on finance related matters
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and an effort to acquire a CPA or its equivalent.[master degree desirable]
• Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in finance or accounting.
• Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement
• Knowledge of USAID regulations would be an added advantage.
• Previous experience with nonprofit organization will be an added advantage.
• An understanding of maintenance of ledger entries, books keeping skills and bank reconciliation.
• Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and/or accounting packages
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP.
• Knowledge of internal controls
• Financial and computer skills – working knowledge of database applications, word processing and Excel, as well as experience with accounting software
• Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy.
• Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of staff and partners.
• Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
• Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
• Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality.
• Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
• Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
• Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and otters a competitive package selected candidates in line with academic qualifications and relevant experience. The application email should have a subject line reading – Application for Finance Officer – based in Iringa/Njombe, so that we do not miss your application.
Send the application through email at SautiTZApplications@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Caution to the applicants.
There have been some bogus job adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: SautiTZApplications@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If short-listed, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong – doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource email@example.com
Source: The Guardian May 07, 2018