NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA
Commis Chef Opportunity
Asilia lodges and Camps ltd is seeking to recruit a well-qualified Tanzanian to fill the position of Commis Chef in their camps.
Founded in 2004, Asilia has a leading presence in the main safari destinations in Tanzania and Kenya as well as a driving role in a number of pioneering projects. Asilia’s ultimate goal is to turn crucial and fragile natural habitats into lasting conservation economies, benefiting both the environment and local communities. At present the company owns and operates 20 lodges and camps as well as a ground handling operation. Asilia is the first Sustainable Safari / Lodge Company in Africa to receive a 5 Star rating for Sustainability from GIIRS, was recognized as one of the “Best Companies for the World” in 2013 and was awarded the 2014 Tourism for Tomorrow Business Award.
What we believe in
We believe that world class travel can go hand in hand with improving livelihoods and conservation of nature. Our luxury camps and lodges are in some of the most special places on earth. Places we want to safeguard for the future. We strive to transform whole areas, from crucial fragile natural habitats with often impoverished communities into lasting conservation economies: effectively protecting wildlife whilst providing opportunities for local people to prosper. Whichever department you work in your efforts will be crucial in achieving our conservation goal.
- Assist in prep work and preparing dishes according to the menu
- Preparing Meats and Legumes
- Slicing and Chopping Vegetables
- Rinsing and Storing Vegetables
- Learning and Following Recipes
- Preparing Soups and Sauces
- Garnishing Completed Plates
- Rotating Kitchen Stock
- Disposing of Spoiled or Damaged Ingredients
- Cleaning and Maintaining Tools and Equipment
- Cook guests' orders according to their preferences
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same
- Follow all dietary requirement information provided to prevent any discomfort or illness for a guest
- Be a responsible team member in terms of safety in the kitchen
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods
- Help with cleaning duties daily, kitchen should be left clean and tidy after each shift with all food packed away and or wrapped
- Takes direction from senior chefs and work with the rest of the kitchen team
- Assist with checking in and packing away of deliveries
- Assist the Head chef in any duties deemed necessary for the successful delivery of meals in or outside of camp
- Attend all kitchen training provided and apply the knowledge to the best of your abilities
- Always be on time for your shift, work hours are dependent on operational demands
- Always be presentable and apply hygiene training in the kitchen and when guest facing
- Always ensure you are dressed in full uniform before entering the kitchen and reporting for duty
- Due to the camp environment your position will be based in, at times it might be necessary to assist with duties outside your normal duties
- Be a team player and have a positive influence on the rest of the team
- Proven work experience as a Chef section (at least 1 year experience).
- Able to read and speak fluent English and Swahili
- Computer experience
- Able to work into mult-cultural environment
- Trustworthiness, to have a strong sense of integrity
- Clear communication skills ensuring flow of clear, timely and candid information.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines to ensure work is completed within time.
- Independent worker - able to work well with minimal supervision and have a problem-solving attitude.
Please send your application and resume in only one Pdf document not later than 7th May 2018 to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Hard copy or Hand delivery will not be considered
For more information about Asilia, please visit our website:http://www.asiliaafrica.com/
7 total views, 2 today