NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA SAVE THE CHILDREN
Administration/ Logistics/ HR Assistant
Level 1 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
ALHR Assistant is a member of the administration team accountable for ensuring quality, efficient and proactive support services for staff and visitors in the Zanzibar field office.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chain and Administration Officer
Staff directly reporting to this post: Nil
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Front desk support
- Greet all visitors to the office and deal with their requirements.
- Maintain and operate quality and efficient communication services through phone management and message taking, and arrange appointments as required.
- Make travel bookings which include flight and hotel bookings for SC staff and visitors followed SC policies and procedures and ensure that the Travel Planner is updated daily.
- Act as the contact person to help visitor enquiries and arrangements where necessary
- Manage the reception area, ensure portrays a professional image of SC and that it is tidy and organised.
- Prepare data base and update contacts (INGO, donors, government and other collaborators)
- Deal with incoming and outgoing mail, arrange couriers, DHL etc. as necessary and forward urgent mails to the Line Manager, and complete incoming register book for all mails. Keep copies of all incoming/outgoing mail and faxes into the file for retrieval purposes.
Administration/ Logistics / HR support
- Acknowledge receipt of sundries & stationery before entered into SC stores
- Update invoice register and Procurement tracker on daily basis and provide weekly updates of invoice and procurement tracker to finance, supply chain, and HR & Admin Manager
- Process on a timely manner all invoices for payment of services and utilities, based on an updated invoice checklist for the Dar Office and international staff houses
- Provide monthly analysis of stationery and consumables and ensuring that the same is well managed, issued to staff and orders placed with procurement staff on a timely basis
- Support Managers in preparation for and organization of workshops and meetings, accommodation and flight tickets ensuring value for money and due diligence process for selecting venues. Maintain a database of approved venues
- Process business cards for staff as requested by line managers
- Ensure effective and efficient use of all SC resources in order to keep costs low and ensure the security of all staff
- Comply with all SC policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Support Managers in preparation of JDs, RPs, and arrange interviews, support PMR process, support ER/ CAM project. Maintain a database of each staff’s file.
Child Safeguarding Responsibilities
Ensure the way you carry out your work and behave is not putting children at risk (or further risk) – this means constantly scrutinizing your work and behavior through safeguarding lens and talking to children about possible design/implementation “flaws”. Understand and fulfill specific and additional responsibilities in achieving compliance of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy Standards
’Save the Children will respond to any emergency situations that puts at great risk the survival, protection, and well-being of significant numbers of children, resulting from natural disasters, conflicts, population movements and where particularly vulnerable communities are found to be in acute need. In executing an emergency response, Save the Children will endeavor to respond within 72 hours of a sudden catastrophic event. With this Save the Children through your line manager at any point of emergency may assign you an emergency responsibility role outside of your normal JD or area of work if required, however no staff will be forced against their will to work anywhere that they deem unsafe or insecure.’’
- Working with managers and staff ensure that our expenditure is clearly accounted for and value for money achieved.
- Ensure that our admin processes are followed and clearly communicated to staff, partners and communities, highlighting transparency, fair competition and value for money.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the broader team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and take responsibility for their own personal development
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, managers, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Save the Children values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s vision, mission and values including rights-based approach and zero tolerance to fraud
- Certificate/ Diploma in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Administration, Logistics, HR and management and/ or at least 5 years relevant working experience preferably in NGO/ hospitality environment
- Excellent “customer service” experience
- Very strong organization and planning skills to prioritize a busy workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and implement effective and efficient admin/ logs/ HR systems
- Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft office package and Excel
- Proven written excellent written and oral skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Good negotiation skills
- High levels of self-motivation, integrity, commitment, enthusiasm, and responsibility
- A person with positive attitude.
Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Contract – Full-Time
Closing date: Sunday 27 May 2018
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified
Child Protection Manager
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The position is responsible for managing the implementation of Child Protection Programme activities in the Kasulu/Kibondo area and to represent and advocate for Save the Children’s work and organizational priorities in child protection with a wide range of external parties including government representatives, communities, donors, UN and other humanitarian agencies operating in the area. Provide leadership and guidance to the programme team
Contract Duration: 5 months contract with possibility of renewal
Location: Kigoma Region, Refugee Camps , to be based in Kibondo district
- Required Master’s Degree social work/social sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant international work experience in child protection programmes.
- Previous experience of managing a child protection programme in a complex emergency/refugee context.
- Demonstrable experience of using current quality standards and guidelines for child protection programmes.
- Strong planning and organisational skills to meet programme goals.
- Experience of managing the programme cycle, including assessments, proposal and report writing, Monitoring and evaluation.
- Solid knowledge base and practical experience in community based child protection approaches, case management and child participation methodologies.
- Strong experience and skills in management of staff from different backgrounds.
- Experience in building relationships, fostering interagency coordination and experience of representing an organisation to external parties.
- Strong self-starter, able to set up and manage child protection programmes.
- Experience in working in an insecure and politically sensitive environment.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
- Strong computer skills, including the use of email and the internet.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Understanding of Eastern Africa and the Great lakes and the dynamics of the conflicts in the region.
- Experience of implementing the Interagency Database for Unaccompanied and Separated Children and UNHCR BID process
- Experience of rolling out Child Protection Policies within organisational structures.
- Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Location: Tanzania, Tanzania
Contract – Full-Time
Closing date: Monday 21 May 2018
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified