Songea Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SOUWASA) is an Autonomous Government Agency operating under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation. It was established on 1st July, 1997 under Act No.8 of 1997 and later strengthen by Act No. 12 of 2009. SOUWASA is charged with the overall responsibility of operations, maintenance and management of Water Supply and Sanitation services within Songea Municipality.
Applications are invited from suitable, qualified, dynamic, experienced and performance driven Tanzanians Male and Female to fill in an excellent career opportunity of:
1. ASSISTANT INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION OFFICER (1 POST)
REPORTING TO: Information and Communication Officer
TERMS OF SERVICE: Permanent and Pensionable
WORK STATION: Songea Municipality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyses user requirements in relation to IT development and review software.
• Assist IT Officer on preparing specifications for hardware to be procured by the authority.
• Compiles and writes documentation of developed software.
• Conducts repair and routine preventive maintenance of the ICT infrastructure.
• Configures, implement and maintain LAN infrastructure to ensure network connectivity throughout the network infrastructure.
• Ensures availability and connectivity the entire computer network.
• Executes day to day maintenance and support of the software in use.
• Integrates software with other systems.
• Monitors network traffic and VPN connections.
• Verifies customer data in the customer master file
• Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications Required, Competency and Experience
• Must be Tanzanian citizen
• Must not be above 40 years from July 2018
• Holder of Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Relevant working experience with more than three years (3) in Computer Programming and Computer Data Processing in any reputable organisation.
• Good command in English and Kiswahili (Written and Verbal).
• Attractive salary within SOUWASA scale
All applications should be in written form and have to be enclosed with the following documents:
• A well detailed Curriculum Vitae which incorporate all contacts telephone/mobile numbers, postal address, e-mail and physical address.
• Certified copies of relevant certificates of Form IV, VI, University degree, Academic Transcript and Birth Certificate.
• Full names and detailed address of three referees (Address should include Mobile Phone, email address and postal address).
Mode of Applications
All applications should be sent to the SOUWASA Registry Office by hand, registered postal office or EMS and be addressed to the undersigned:
THE DEADLINE OF RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS ON 13th JUNE, 2018.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATE WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW, AND THOSE WHO WILL NOT HEAR FROM US SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES AS UN SUCCESSFUL.
“QUALIFIED WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY”
Source: The Guardian May 25, 2018