Assistant Acquisition Associate at Project Concern International (PCI) Tanzania, May 2018
Project Concern International (PCI) is implementing a two-year school feeding program, referred to as Chakula Chetu, that will provide daily school meals to primary school children using locally purchased foods, foster a network of stakeholders (market actors, schools, parents, farmers, and communities), and build sustainable capacity for a transition to locally-led school feeding. Chakula Chetu is designed to leverage linkages and lessons from McGovern-Dole (MOD) Food for Educa-tion (FFE) programs (FFE-621-2010IO22-00; FE-621-2013/033-00; FFE-621-20161011-00) and build on PCPs experience implementing a World Food Programme (WFP)-funded Home-Grown School Feeding (HGSF) pilot project implemented in Mara Region in 2015-2016.
This program relies on locally purchased foods to strengthen the network of stakeholders such as market actors, farmers, schools. parents, communities, and government officials. It is also a way of enhancing local ownership and building a sustainable capacity for a transition to locally-led school feeding. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) funds the program through PCI. The program has three broad one to increase the capacity of local suppliers for sustainability, to strengthen local and regional food market systems, and to increase access to locally acceptable nutritious foods.
1. Assistant Acquisition Associate
Purpose Of The Position
The Mara Regional Finance Manager will provide day to day financial support and oversight to the PCIlTanzania project staff at the Regional office based in Musoma. The Mara Regional Finance Manager will report to the Program Director and technically to Director of Finance & Administration. The position is based in the Musorna.
Key Areas Of Responsibility:
• Obtaining vendor quotes for Procurement process of supplies and materials
• Responsible in maintaining vendor records of all purchase and price.
• Maintain supplier and PCI office relationship in Insuring policy and procedure of procurement are followed.
• Preparation of LPOs
• Preparation of Bid comparison sheet for procurement of items.
• Participate in the Bid Committee team
• Provide guidance to PCI staff on filling procurement documents
• Guide end user on procurement procedures and rules as per USG regulations • Providing management with information for decision making through procurements activities
• Assist in the organization's procurement functions
• Conduct monthly demand planning to determine needs and requirements for goods and services.
• Maintaining and recording all procurement transactions on a procurement spread sheet that is live on Google drive.
• Advanced Diploma or Degree in procurement/Supply chain, or other relevant field.
• 1-year experience in a similar role.
• Computer literacy essential.
• Knowledge and understanding of USG Procurement Regulations.
• Applied Knowledge: Demonstrates understanding of PCI Tanzania, job, and work procedures. Demonstrates knowledge and practical know-how as needed for position.
• Teamwork: Participates, listens, and contributes in a team environment; understands individual role. Appropriate conduct; respectful; works well with colleagues.
• External Realtions: Represents and promotes PCI Tanzania both inside and outside the normal scope of business with tact, responsibility and diplomacy (donors, governments, partner organizations, vendors, etc.).
• Initiative/Leadership: Self-starter; follows jobs through to completion; is resourceful. Meets work commitments with a minimum amount of supervision.
• Meets Deadlines: Arranges work load, plans, and establishes priorities; Works effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Work Quality: Performs responsibilities effectively; demonstrates accuracy, precision, neatness and completeness.
• 10th May 2018
HOW TO APPLY:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Source: The Guardian May 03, 2018
5 total views, 1 today