PCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing diseases, improving community health, and promoting sustainable development worldwide. With support from Eleanor Crook Foundation and Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, PCI Tanzania will be implementing an operations research study in Mara Region of Tanzania called EFFECTS: “Engaging Fathers for Effective Child Nutrition and Development in Tanzania”, in collaboration with the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Purdue University, and the African Academy of Public Health .
To understand the benefits of integrating nutrition and early child development interventions and the benefits of engaging fathers in these interventions, the project will consist of 4 intervention arms (in addition to a control arm). Across the study arms, women’s and men’s peer groups will be facilitated by Community Health Workers (CHWs) in 80 communities throughout Musoma Rural and Butiama Districts.
The position is based in Musoma and Report to the Program Manager
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
• To develop systems and implement appropriate technology for quality, timely data collection, analysis, verification and reporting, in collaboration with program staff and relevant stakeholders and in accordance with the project M&E plan;
• To develop and implement a reporting system that tracks progress against targets to inform on intended program outputs and outcomes, evaluates project processes, and contributes toward program/ project planning and decision making;
• Support monitoring and process evaluation data collection by developing and testing new methodologies and systems, as needed;
• To build capacity of program staff and stakeholders to use technologies that enable MLE activities;
• Ensure that projects have appropriate data collection and management strategies and tools in place in accordance with ethics and policies on human subjects’ research.
• University degree (Bachelor’s degree or MPH) in social science, M&E, public health, or related field, with substantive expertise in monitoring and evaluation methodologies
• Strong understanding and up-to-date technical knowledge of best practices in monitoring and evaluation
• Four years professional experience in monitoring and evaluation for international NGOs/aid organizations;
• Two years’ experience designing paperless monitoring and evaluation systems using mobile technology for data collection;
• Expertise designing survey/data collection tools in Commcare;
• Experience designing and implementing web-based dashboards;
• Experience in supporting, mentoring and training other staff in data collection or reporting;
• Experience with capacity building of project staff, partners, government officials, community leaders, and community-based organizations;
• Interest and capacity to pilot and refine new data collection approaches (new tools, technologies and/or processes) aimed to continuously improve timeliness and usefulness of process evaluation data
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
MONITORING AND EVALUATION DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION
• Collaborate with project team to develop and implement an effective M&E plan for the project in accordance with the project design, with approved indicators and targets, including results framework, IPTT, PMP, survey and data collection tools, project database, project dashboard, M&E training plan, and feedback and reporting mechanisms in accordance with PCI and donor standards.
• Coordinate the collection, management, analysis and presentation of M&E data, including monitoring and process evaluation data, for various audiences.
• Refine data collection and measurement tools to ensure user-friendly, efficient and appropriate monitoring data collection processes, including mobile data collection.
• Facilitate periodic data verification through routine data quality verifications and site visits.
• Collaborate with MLE Manager in supporting implementation of M&E related activities in other PCI projects, as needed.
DATA MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
• Ensure that projects have appropriate data management strategies and tools in place to be able to respond to reporting requirements.
• Collaborate with PCI Tanzania’s MLE Manager, and MLE and Database Support Officers, to maintain electronic information management systems with relevant project information in accordance with IRB protocols, national/international policies for the protection of human subjects, and information privacy laws.
• Develop and implement internal control systems that ensure the quality of all partner and PCI data, including facilitating routine data quality assessments, ensuring protection of human subjects and data privacy.
REPORTING AND COMMUNICATION
• Design and implement web-based reporting/dashboards for project staff to ensure timely, accurate and comprehensive reporting.
• Prepare consolidated monthly and quarterly progress reports and work plans, in close collaboration with project team and other stakeholders.
• Support project team and stakeholders to identify, document and share best and promising practices, and develop and implement a dissemination strategy.
INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY
• Contribute new ideas to solve various program/organization related challenges.
• Contribute new ideas and innovations to improve timely, quality data collection as part of the project’s process evaluation.
• Contribute new ideas and innovations to strengthen staff and stakeholder capacities in M&E
• Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Skills
• Commitment to Quality and Protection of Human Subjects
• Presentation and Data Visualization Skills
• Communication and Planning Skills
• Uses Good Judgment
• Demonstrates Adaptability
• Coaches/ Mentors
• A first review of candidates will take place after April 27th, 2018
• PCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Only successful candidates will be contacted
Job LocationMusoma, , Tanzania