POSITION: WATER DISTRIBUTION TECHNICIAN II (12 POSTS)
Skills and Attributes
- Pro-active and a team player.
- Demonstrating the ability to follow written and oral instructions effectively.
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibility
- Installs new water connections, disconnect service connections and repair valves and water meters
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled work in operation and maintenance of water intakes.
- Keeps records of work activities performed.
- Reads water meters, inspects meters for leaks and improper functioning, change out meters.
- Locates and marks water lines for other contractors.
- Repairs broke water lines including transmission main, distribution mains and service lines.
- Cleans and maintains properties that are part of water systems such as storage tanks and pump stations.
- Serve In emergency standby capacity, provides customer service and perform all aspect of distribution system maintenance and repairs during after-hours periods including holidays and weekends.
- Performs any other official duties as he/she may be assigned by his/her superiors.
Qualification and experience
- Holders of Certificate of Secondary Education CSEE with VETA level III in plumbing and pipefitting from a reputable institution.
- Working experience of not less than 2 years from the reputable organization
- Able to speak and write fluently in English and Kiswahili.
- Valid driving license category A is an added advantage.
- Should not be over 30 years of age.
Terms of service: 2-year renewable contract.
Salary: Negotiable with other fringe benefits.
Mode of application
Application with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, applicant full address and mobile phone contacts should be sent to the address below not later than 31/03/2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
KILIWATER CO. LTD
P.O. BOX 244, MKUU - ROMBO
A client seeks to hire a qualified candidate for the position of a