Project Manager Senior
Hydroelectric Energy for 20 Isolated Rural Villages in the Ludewa District, Tanzania
Mainly in Lugarawa Village, Ludewa District, Njombe Region, Tanzania with frequent travel to Dar es Salaam
Duration of the task
Estimated from May 2018 to February 2019
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Project Management:
- Supervise project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities.
- Establish and maintain a steady and active collaboration with all national level authorities (REA, EWURA, NEMC, MEM) and the main actors operating in the energy sector.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to ACRA, donor and other applicable timeframes and formats.
- Prepare Terms of References and tender documents for service providers and suppliers.
- Oversee all tender processes and ensure timely procurement of required project inputs and materials according to the procurement plan.
- Establish an M&E system, supervise data collection on program indicators and revise them according to the achievement of the Project objectives.
- Establish together with the staff and partners detailed Annual Action Plans, periodically updated
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of the results, assess project impact and effective use of resources.
- Recruit and manage project staff, ensuring security condition, clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective teamwork.
- Supervise regular maintenance of Project equipment and cars.
- Manage the project budget for the assigned project and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet ACRA standards with regard to financial management, including accountability and good governance.
- Comply with ACRA policies and practice with respect to the code of conduct, safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong experience in project management, possibly in renewable energies, with at least 7 years’ experience
- Experience in managing projects funded by the EC
- Proved experience in managing tender procedures and dealing with bidder and contracts, proven knowledge of EU PRAG
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to develop and work within a team
- Experience in working with administrative and technical local Authorities, supporting capacity building activities and coordination mechanisms
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge and experience in participatory approaches
- Experience in grant writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, and diplomacy
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in rural working circumstances.
- Mastering of MS Office package, Internet, e-mail
- International Driving License
- Knowledge of natural resource management
- Knowledge of accounting software, GIS systems, statistical packages
- Knowledge of Italian and Kiswahili
- Experience or knowledge of working in East African Countries
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons have to send their Curriculum Vitae in English (ma 3 pages) with (3) two references to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the object REF: 96_TANREL_PM_2018
Please visit ACRA website at www.acra.it/lavoraconnoi or at www.acra.it/workwithus
Deadline: 15th April 2018 E. African Standard Time