Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania
contributing to addressing public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; as well as academic and non-academic institutions to address the problems of Tuberculosis, Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people.
In Dar es Salaam
, MDH supports the Government of Tanzania through the Municipal councils of Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni in the implementation of the program on HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment and monitoring of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA). In order to strengthen the care and treatment of PLWHA in Dar es Salaam, MDH on behalf of the above mentioned Municipal Councils seeks to employ the following staff:
Management and Development for Health (MDH) Tanzania jobs 2018
1. CLINIC NURSE/COUNSELORS - 10 Positions
Reports To: Health Facility I/C
Qualification and Work Experience:
Nurse Counselor should have at least a diploma in Nursing and must have a valid practice license; he/she should have 3 years’ experience in the field of expertise.
An HIV/AIDS nurse counsellor requires extensive, current knowledge of the symptoms and treatments of AIDS and HIV infections, the methods by which the virus is (and is not) transmitted and prevention measures. HIV/AIDS counsellors must enjoy working with other people, have a compassionate nature and be good listeners. A broad knowledge of diverse cultural beliefs and attitudes is often necessary when working with diverse populations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Adhering to nursing ethics as punctuality and cleanliness etc.
2. Ensuring that patients receive appropriate clinical care during a clinic visit, including scheduled or unscheduled physician examination and laboratory test.
3. Educating patients in all aspects of HIV disease and treatment management, as well as basic healthy lifestyles.
4. Counselling patients with regard to HIV diagnosis, management of medications, medication and clinic visit adherence, psychosocial issues, and basic health self-care.
5. Counselling and educating family members and caregivers to promote secondary prevention of HIV infection, to improve the care of patients with HIV, and to strengthen social support networks of patients.
6. Accurate and complete documentation of patient information
7. Assisting patients to connect with other resources through the referral network.
8. Assisting the physician in the provision of clinical care for patients.
9. Doing any other duty as assigned by the nurse supervisor, site manager, and OPD nurse officer-in-charge.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two references.
Applications should be submitted by 19th March 2018 to the HR Manager, MDH through email [email protected]
or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office at Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted