Liaison Officer at World Vision- 2018
|NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA WORLD VISION TANZANIA|
Position: Liaison Officer
Location: Africa - Tanzania
Application Deadline Date: 20-Mar-18
Category: Administrative Services
Type: Fixed term, Full-time
International Role: No - Only National applicants will be considered.
Duration: 1-2 Years
Purpose of the position:
To provide high-quality support to WVT leadership for effective Engagement with Government Officials, Donor Communities, International NGOs and other partners residing in the capital city of Tanzania or Dar es Salaam
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
Develop and foster relationships with the Government entities, Donor community, key stakeholders, and other entities at large.
Organize, coordinate with Government line Ministries and maintain diaries and appointments for Government Officers with WVT Management and assure that meetings are conducted as per schedule
Liaise with relevant Government departments and WVT staff to prepare/arrange meetings/workshops venue and logistics where WVT is a lead actor
Collaborate and communicate successfully with other entities outside of WVT while demonstrating elements of WV Core values and maintain a thorough knowledge of World vision, as well as an understanding of how that impacts the other entities of contact
Facilitate timely availability of WV Program Documents from relevant departments and compile for sharing as requested by partners or advised by WVT management
Collect, analyze, and utilize data and feedback to identify opportunities to improve the relationship between World Vision Tanzania, Government of Tanzania and the other entities.
Proactively solve conflicts and address issues that could occur between World Vision Tanzania, Government of Tanzania and other working partners.
Take meeting minutes and disseminate reports generated after meetings with key Partners
Make follow up on the implementation of the recommendations made from the organized meetings with partners
Support administrative issues to all programs within an assigned cluster
Attend any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required
Bachelor degree in International Relationship, Public Relationship, Marketing or related fields.
Postgraduate Degree will be added advantage
Experience: 3+ yrs in related fields
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems
- Capability to negotiate with and influence others
- Analytical and mathematical mind to analyze data and create necessary reports
- Computer skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff,
- Ability to communicate in both Kiswahili and English
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based
- Travel: 5% Domestic travel is required.
- On call: 3%
BROWSE OTHER JOBS FROM THE WORLD VISION, CLICK HERE
5 total views, 2 today