Job Opportunity at UNICEF - Administrative Assistant Dar es Salaam
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Assignment
Under the general supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent performs administrative support functions, which may include supervision of clerical and administrative staff engaged in fields of work, registry and another general service, as indicated by the requirements and structure of the organization. The Key end-results are the following:
Systematic monitoring of office premises owned by UNICEF;
Classifies and codes admin. materials relating to the number of subject matter areas and maintain general office files;
Supervises contractors providing services to office premises owned by UNICEF;
Processes and monitor administrative transactions and related reports;
Prepares, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility;
Assists in monitoring of administrative transactions and related reports,
In addition to general administration responsibilities, may also supervise directly or indirectly, activities concerned with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport and similar services;
Assist in the implementation of the office Greening Work plan;
Performs other duties, as required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
- Systematic monitoring of office premises owned by UNICEF
- To ensure a good and secure working environment for all staff members. Recommends all actions necessary to arrange cleaning services ensure procurement, maintenance and repair of equipment including generator.
- Classifies and codes admin materials relating to the number of subject matter areas and maintain general office files,
- Register of keys and provide guidance to the janitor in performing his/her duties, review and evaluates work of subordinates
- Supervises contractors of office premises owned by UNICEF
- To ensure a good and secure working environment for all staff members, including cleaning services, maintenance and repair of equipment including generators
- Processes administrative transactions and related reports,
- To ensure accuracy and timely settlements of admin invoices, contractors fees, insurance, administrative supplies etc.
Drafts correspondence, memoranda and reports from oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information sources in accordance with standard office procedures
Prepares, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility
Assist in monitoring of administrative transactions and related reports,
To ensure accurate and up op date financial information on the administrative budget. In addition to general administration responsibilities, may also supervise directly or indirectly, activities concerned with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport and similar services
Performs any other duties and responsibilities assigned as required.
QUALIFICATION and COMPETENCIES
Completion of Secondary School, University level courses in administration, finance, or any other related field of discipline relevant to the job is an asset.
A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
i) Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication (I)
- Drive for Result (II)
- Working With People (I)
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
- Analyzing (I)
- Applying Technical Expertise (I)
- Planning and Organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Application close: Apr 01 2018 E. Africa Standard Time
Source: Ajira Forums TZ
4 total views, 1 today