• Supervise and coach the project Accountant, Finance Assistants and other Administrative staff
• Conduct a financial brown bag on a quarterly basis to build the financial capacity of technical and operations personnel on different financial topics including compliance, travel, budgeting, forecasting and procurement.
• Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems that provide basic data measurements on financial performance of project activities and develop/recommned cost cutting and compliant strategies to implement the project with less resources
• Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices.
• Manage the timely submission of the monthly field expenses (ROV) to the headquarters office.
• Serve as the project's contact with the client on finance and administrative issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns.
• Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consultant agreements.
• Develop and implement a payment system for seasonal spray operators and community mobilizers.
• Develop and implement systems to streamline financial practices and procedures.
• Inform and maintain project FCA at Headquarters updated on all contractual, financial and legal issues affecting the project
• Perform random audits of inventory to make sure inventory reports prepared by operations team are always accurate and up to date.
• Oversee Human Resource activities affecting the project including but not limited to the hiring, termination, benefit tracking and legal disputes affecting current and former site office personnel.
Qualification requirements include the following:
• Bachelors Degree (minimum), or a Masters Degree (desirable), in Business , Administration, or other relevant field.
• At least ten (10) years of professional experience managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development projects, preferably USAID-finded projects.
• Significant experience managing and supervising financial and procurement management personnel. • Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards.
• Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis.
• Experience in logistics, procurement, and supply chain management highly desirable.
• Fluency in English.
Application submission deadline should be 12th April 2018.
Source: The Guardian March 26, 2018