Finance Officer at Embassy of Denmark - DANIDA March 2018
Tanzania is one of Denmark's largest priority countries. Danish development assistance to Tanzania covers a variety of areas including Budget Support, Public Financial Management, support to tax modernisation, Health, Good Governance, and Business Sector Development. The Embassy is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, energetic and experienced Finance Officer, on a 3-year contract.
The incumbent will work in a team and under the direct supervision of the Chief Financial Officer.
The Finance Officer is responsible for carrying out finance and accounts tasks for the signed development agreements with the European Commission, tasks related to development assistance and backup for certain tasks related to running cost of the Embassy.
• Assist CFO in all tasks that relate to the signed development agreements (PAGODA) with the European Commission. These tasks will include among others:
- Reviewing and advise whether the submitted budgets is in accordance with DANIDA guidelines
- Preparing disbursement requests to the European Commission
- Analysing and reviewing the submitted audit reports
- Financial monitoring visits
- Conversion of the annual audited financial statement submitted by the grant recipients' currency to EURO
• Assist Programme Managers to process disbursement requests and other registrations in the Financial Management Interface for development assistance
• Assist with grant financial management related tasks
• Back up for cash payments and registration of bank transactions for local payments
• Ensure proper filling of all accounting records and relevant documentation
• Other relevant duties as may assign from time to time
Education qualification and experience
• A University degree or its equivalence in Finance, Accounting, Audit or Business Administration.
• A minimum of 3 years post-qualification work experience in accounting, project accounting and administration - preferably working with an International Development Organisation
• A professional qualification in accountancy - ACCA or CPA will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
• Good interpersonal skills with a pro-active and energetic attitude.
• A highly organized and dependable person with strong sense of confidentiality
• A broad knowledge and interest in the area of development assistance and aid effectiveness, preferably from working with projects and programmes.
• A high degree of accuracy, personal integrity, proactive enthusiasm, respect for cultural diversity
• Experience using the Microsoft Office packages especially Excel, Word, Outlook and internet
• Experience using a Navision-based Accounting System would be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills in English and Swahili - both written and oral
• Ability to work under pressure, independently carry out the full range of tasks sometimes under tight deadlines and flexible enough to reach out and assist other colleagues.
How to apply
To apply please send an application letter with your Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] with the word"Finance Officer" as the subject. Do not attach certificates.
Deadline: 17th March 2018.
Expected start date is 1st May 2018 or soonest possible thereafter.
Only successful candidates will be contacted by the Embassy.
Source: Mwananchi 5 March 2018
6 total views, 1 today