Employment Opportunities at Management and Development for Health (MDH) March 2018
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania contributing to addressing public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; as well as academic and non-academic institutions to address the problems of tuberculosis, malaria, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, maternal and child health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people.
Position: Malaria Field Officer (4) - Location: Morogoro, Mtwara, Lindi, Ruvuma
Reports to: Regional Technical Manager
Malaria Field Officer will be responsible for providing support the technical performance of the Boresha Afya Southern Zone supported Malaria program in the respective region. She/he will be responsible and will work in close collaboration with the HIV/TB/Malaria integration Advisor and the relevant regional and district level health management teams and other project team members.
Support the implementation of the Malaria program in increasing the delivery and uptake of Intermittent Preventive Therapy (IPTp) to pregnant women, improving Malaria diagnostics and case management as well as Community Malaria Integrated Activities that are geared at increasing Malaria literacy to the community.
Strengthen good program performance as per national standards for the Malaria program.
Collaborate with Regional and Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMT) to identify capacity building needs for public and private sites, districts and regional personnel and organize capacity building initiatives for site level staff using currently recommended national curriculum for quality Malaria Case Management and Intermittent Preventive Therapy (IPTp) to pregnant women.
Work with R/CHMT to ensure supported sites implement integrated and comprehensive package of Malaria collaborative services at all levels through:
o Participate in the Malaria Services and Data Quality Improvement Package (MSDQI package) supportive supervision with regional and district teams at the supported facilities.
o Participate in capacity building and implementation of the national guidelines and tools for Malaria program to improve Malaria diagnosis and treatment.
o Collaborate with M & E team to strengthen data recording and reporting of Malaria program and ensure paper tool and/or software are available and properly used at all supported sites
Collaborate with other Program advisors and grants team in developing and reviewing district subgrantees’ proposals to ensure realistic target setting and adequate allocation of resources;
Support the achievements of program targets for Malaria program and report accordingly
Support the timely submission of work plans, reports on activities performed, or any other report, as required by the supervisor and project management
Support timely reporting on program challenges to the Regional Technical Manager and relevant other staff members;
Responsible for the timely and effective communication of important technical and programmatic information to R/CHMT and other relevant stakeholders;
Document best practices and lessons learned from his/her supported region.
Perform any other relevant program-related duties as assigned by the Regional Technical Manager
Requirements: Experience, educational and professional qualifications
a) Doctor of Medicine degree OR Advance Diploma in Medicine
b) Proven technical skills in Malaria, including Malaria Case Management and Malaria in Pregnancy
c) At least 3 years work experience in the Malaria program or related field
d) Ability to identify and work with other partners and collaborators in the relevant field.
e) Good in writing reports and interpreting data.
Mode of application:
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related referees to the Human Resource Manager by through e-mail [email protected] or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802. You may indicate the preferred region.
Deadline is 19th March 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Reports To: Health Facility I/C
Qualification and Work Experience:
Nurse Counselor should have at least a diploma in Nursing and must have a valid practice license; he/she should have 3 years’ experience in the field of expertise.
An HIV/AIDS nurse counsellor requires extensive, current knowledge of the symptoms and treatments of AIDS and HIV infections, the methods by which the virus is (and is not) transmitted and prevention measures. HIV/AIDS counsellors must enjoy working with other people, have a compassionate nature and be good listeners. A broad knowledge of diverse cultural beliefs and attitudes is often necessary when working with diverse populations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Adhering to nursing ethics as punctuality and cleanliness etc.
2. Ensuring that patients receive appropriate clinical care during a clinic visit, including scheduled or unscheduled physician examination and laboratory test.
3. Educating patients in all aspects of HIV disease and treatment management, as well as basic healthy lifestyles.
4. Counselling patients with regard to HIV diagnosis, management of medications, medication and clinic visit adherence, psychosocial issues, and basic health self-care.
5. Counselling and educating family members and caregivers to promote secondary prevention of HIV infection, to improve the care of patients with HIV, and to strengthen social support networks of patients.
6. Accurate and complete documentation of patient information
7. Assisting patients to connect with other resources through the referral network.
8. Assisting the physician in the provision of clinical care for patients.
9. Doing any other duty as assigned by the nurse supervisor, site manager and OPD nurse officer-in-charge.
2. HIV COUNSELING AND TESTING (12)
Reports To: Health Facility I/C
An HIV Testing counsellor requires extensive, current knowledge of the HIV prevention measures. The testing counsellor must enjoy working with other people, have a compassionate nature and be a good listener. A broad knowledge of diverse cultural beliefs and attitudes is often necessary when working with a diverse population.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. He/She is responsible to create awareness and education on the existence of HTS i.e. educating clients on all aspects of HIV diseases and treatment management as well as basic health lifestyles.
2. To serve as a liaison between clinicians/clinics, individuals screened and care centers.
3. To provide on-going counselling and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patient rights. Also to provide psychosocial support and assist with linkage to referral services.
4. To assess, document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes.
5. To monitor the quality of test kits by the use of suitable control materials/samples from laboratory department.
6. To be in line with current HTS protocols/guidelines to ensure correct testing services (periodic review of standard operating procedures with support from laboratory department).
7. To ensure safe storage of HTS related items and to request/prepare all the necessary consumables for undertaking the HTS activities on time.
8. To compile and submit HTS reports on weekly, monthly and/or quarterly to the HTS coordinators on time.
9. To keep accurate HTS records(logbooks, HTS registers, reports and referral/linkage reports)
10. To work with a team member to monitor quality improvement plans with regards to the established performance targets/indicators.
11. Ensure HIV testing is performed according to the National HIV Testing algorithm.
12. To carry out any other duties that may be required by the clinical team.
At least Certificate in HTS Counseling and Testing (HIV&AIDS) from a recognized Institution
A candidate must have at least three years experience on HIV testing services,
He/she must have a valid practice license
Phlebotomy experience will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two references.
Applications should be submitted by 19th March, 2018 to the HR Manager, MDH through email [email protected] or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office at Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted Source: Kijiwe
5 total views, 1 today