Salary Currency: Tanzanian Shilling
Salary Range: 3,000,000+
Minimum Qualification: Masters
Minimum Experience: 7 years
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership of their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
The Deputy Team Leader is an executive level position responsible for working with the Team Leader and the technical team in daily operations to ensure the project achieves its objectives. This position is contingent upon award and will support an upcoming child protection project in Tanzania
- Ensure high-quality technical programming through hands-on staff supervision and partner support.
- Contribute to project planning, including the development of annual work plans and budgets; help guide and oversee the alignment of the budget to expected results; and review annual budgets and quarterly reports.
- Ensure that partners promote 'do no harm' principles and facilitate their integration into all aspects of child protection response
- Ensure the cost-effective use of resources.
- Ensure compliance with HQ and donor requirements, policies, and regulations.
- In coordination with the Team Leader, serve as a liaison to relevant donors, the local government, and other stakeholders.
- Provide training and mentoring to partners to strengthen capacity.in child protection.
- Take the lead in drafting reports, including quarterly and annual reports to USAID.
- Help recruit and directly supervise local project staff; oversee the management and development of project office human resources to ensure a diverse, skilled, and productive workforce, an effective leadership team, and an organizational culture where Pact’s values are practised.
- Serve as Acting Team Leader in the Team Leader’s absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 7 years of professional experience working on child protection projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as social work or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing programmatic, administrative, and financial management functions of international development work.
- Demonstrated effective personnel management, coordination, and decision-making skills, with an ability to troubleshoot.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a proven track record of collaborating with other projects, high-level government counterparts, and international agencies.
- Familiarity with the political, economic, social, and cultural context of Tanzania and the issues affecting the marginalized and vulnerable children.
- Prior experience working in East Africa or Tanzania preferred
- Fluency in English.
- Masters degree in relevant field of study
- Experience working on donor-funded contracts
- Fluency in Kiswahili
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Pact Tanzania visit: http://www.pactworld.org/country/tanzania
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors
The Deputy Team Leader provides leadership for the Pact Tanzania Child Protection Project. This position is contingent upon award of funds.
To apply for this job, please go to the following websiteApply NowDeadline: 13 April 2018