Data collectors Vacancies at Buhigwe District (25 Jobs)
Tanzania Red Cross Society and Belgian Red Cross – Flanders are looking for data
collectors to conduct a household survey
Qualification Level: Bachelor
Experience Level: Entry level
Experience Length: Less than 1 year
Tanzania Red Cross Society and Belgian Red Cross – Flanders are looking for data collectors to conduct a household survey in April-May 2018.
Position: Data collector/ enumerator for social research
No. of candidate required: 25
Main tasks: Conduct household interviews about hand washing and behaviors related to personal hygiene, latrine use, safe water supply and health.
Participate in a 5-day training (16th – 20th April)
Conduct household interviews about handwashing, sanitation, and health
Conduct spot checks in households about handwashing & sanitation
You will be responsible to administer approx. 5 interviews a day from Monday to Saturday during a time period of 4 weeks
Daily reports and exchange with your supervisor
When the enumerator successfully completed all specific tasks he/she will be granted with a ‘certificate of attendance’ and the opportunity to participate in follow-up data collections in April 2019, April 2020, April 2021 and October 2021.
- Required Qualification:
- Bachelor degree or university student (social science, e.g. psychology, sociology, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swahili (written and spoken).
- Excellent skills in the use of smartphones
- Experience with social research, especially interviewing will be an advantage.
- Integrity, social skills, problem-solving skills, sense of precision and ability to work self-dependently.
- Good knowledge of the research area, preferably living in the area.
- Commitment for participation in similar follow-up data collections in April 2019/2020/2021 and October 2021 is preferred
Place of work: Buhigwe District, Tanzania
Type of employment: Temporary contract for approximately 5 weeks in April-May 2018
Apply Online Through
Beginning: Tuesday 16th April 2018 (including 5 days of training at the start of the contract)
11 total views, 1 today