Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA), is her by seeking for a relevant qualified and highly motivated persons to fill the following vacancies available in her manning level for specified and unspecified terms of employment.
Post: Customer Service Officer II – Pongwe (1 Position)
The scope of the position and its expected outputs:
The holder of this position heads the area office at Pongwe area responsible for Water and Sewerage Customer Services.
The area Customer Service Officer is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the office and quality delivery of the services.
He/She participates in water and sewerage service promotion and maintains customer satisfaction and good lasting relationship.
Reports to the Customer Service Manager.
Supervises the Assistant Customer Service Officer.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Attends to customers at the site and office, and supervises all customer services activities in the area in accordance with a prepared plan agreed with the Customer Services Manager;
2. Allocates assignments to subordinate staff on a daily basis and monitors their performance to ensure that jobs are done effectively and efficiently;
3. Maintains appropriate databases of customers in the area and of services rendered to them;
4. Formulates and implements programmes for achieving set targets in the area with respect to unaccounted-for-water, billing and revenue collection;
5. Monitors customer complaints in the area and takes measures to minimise such complaints;
6. Advises the Customer Service Manager on all matters pertaining to customer services, billing, credit control, leakage control, new connections in the area – and ensures that the Manager is at all times apprised of opportunities and threats that have a bearing on the Authority’s service delivery;
7. Prepares periodic reports outlining the performance of the section and the status of customer services;
8. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Customer Services Manager from time to time.
The applicant for this position must have the following:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Commerce or any other related qualifications.
2. Must be Computer Literate.
3. Experience of at least three years working in recognised Institutions.
Job Application Modes:
Anybody who possess the required qualifications and attributes mentioned above, send a hand-written application letter attached with updated Curriculum Vitae showing your contact details, address, enclosing two letters from referees with their full contacts; copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for these posts.
• Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Application letters should reach the undersigned on or before 15th March 2018 and addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Tanga Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 5011,