Tumaini University Makumira (TUMA) invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanian
Assistant Lecturers of
1) English language, and
The duties will cover training secondary school teachers in PITA project (Participatory and Integrative Teaching Approach), an outreach programme of TUMA. and teaching in the undergraduate degree programmes.
The main objective of the PITA project is to provide in-service training to secondary school teachers working in remote secondary schools in Meru District. PITA project focuses on the following areas:
• Use of participatory teaching methods together with the approach of integrating content and language in secondary education
• Development of guidance and counselling services in secondary schools
• Development of teachers’ skills in identifying and addressing dyslexia and dyscalculia
• Environmental education
1. English language, 2 posts
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in English Language (GPA of not less than 4.0); Bachelor’s degree (GPA of not less than 3.5), preferably in English (major subject) and History / Geography.
2. Mathematics, 1 post
• A minimum of a Master of Science degree in Mathematics (GPA of not less than 4.0); Bachelor’s degree (GPA of not less than 3.5).
Job description for both vacancies:
To participate in the in-service training activities of PITA project To prepare teaching materials for PITA project
• To teach English Communication Skills (Vacancy 1) / Mathematics (Vacancy 2) in the undergraduate programmes
• To conduct research
• To attend academic meetings and perform any other academic duties when called upon
As soon as possible.
Successful applicants will be called for an interview and original certificates must be produced at the interview.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Send your application to:
Source: Daily News March 21, 2018