NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA WWF
JOB VACANCY Wildlife Biologist/Ecologist
WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is an international non-governmental organization that deals with conservation of nature through a number of environmental management programmes. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the Planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. WWF-Tanzania Country Office (WWF-TCO) is seeking to hire the ‘Wildlife Biologist/Ecologist” to be based in Tunduru.
I. Major Functions:
This is a field based position and responsible for studying the life processes of animals and their environment as well as wildlife population dynamics. Monitoring plant and animal habitats, determine which animals are affecting nature in a detrimental way, and helps restore and conserve animal habitats within the WMAs, buffer areas of Selous Game Reserve and the Selous-Niassa Wildlife Corridor. The officer will be the lead person for designing and conducting regular wildlife surveys, small mammal trapping, camera trapping, drones surveillance, spotlight surveys and monitor wildlife behaviours related to Human-Wildlife Conflicts within the buffer areas of Selous Game Reserve.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluate wildlife habitat/range conditions, collect data, and recommend management or projects to improve terrestrial and aquatic wildlife habitat;
2. Implement quality assurance/quality control plans to ensure the wildlife data collected and products prepared to meet WWF and KfW standards and regulations;
3. Contribute to enhancing public awareness and knowledge of the value of healthy habitats and the need to maintain diverse, productive, and sustainable watersheds to meet wildlife needs;
4. Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with SGR, TAWIRI, FZS, the hunting industry groups, and individuals in meeting overall SECAD program needs and goals;
5. In collaboration with District Team, support the performance of duties relating to wildlife management and use of control techniques aimed at controlling wildlife damage and provide technical and operational assistance to district councils, WMAs and SGR in the reduction of human-wildlife conflict within the landscape;
III) Required Qualifications:
• A minimum of Bachelor’s degree or higher in Wildlife Biology, Wildlife Ecology, Zoology or related disciplines including Environmental Science, Range Management, and Natural Resources Management with at least five years of experience as Biologist or Ecologist in any Protected Areas in the country (Game Reserves, National Parks or Ngorongoro Conservation Area);
• Strong analytical skills including analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data;
Additional information, including Terms of Reference, can be obtained via http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/jobs_wwf /. Applications must include a Cover Letter and complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager through email@example.com by Monday, 26th February 2018 at 4:30 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam. WWF is equal opportunity Organization.
Source: The Guardian February 13, 2018