Transport Manager at Medical Stores Department (MSD)
President's Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat on behalf of the Medical Stores Department (MSD), invites qualified Tanzanians to fill one (1) vacant post as mentioned below;
1.1 MEDICAL STORES DEPARTMENT (MSD)
Medical Stores Department (MSD) is a semi-autonomous Department under the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, established by Act of Parliament No.13 of 1993 with an objective of developing and maintaining an efficient and cost effective system of procurement, storage and distribution of health commodities required for use by the public and accredited faith based health facilities.
MSD is at a very exciting stage of reforming its operations, systems and processes with the aim of becoming a highly effective supply chain organization that is agile and flexible to meet health commodities demands in the market.
MSD is now looking for skilled, innovative and motivated Tanzanian to implement these structural changes in order to attain the objectives of the medium terms strategic plan.
1.1.1 TRANSPORT MANAGER 1 POST MSD HEAD OFFICE
1.1.2 REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF LOGISTICS
1.1.3 BROAD FUNCTION:
Responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization including managing budgets, organizing schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet road worth standards and legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.
1.1.4 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Advise the Director of Logistics on all matters related to Transportation.
• Implement MSD Strategic Plan in relation to Logistics objectives and enables other directorates perform their functions through innovative approaches for efficiency and cost effective measures.
• Implement Transport performance contract and Strategic Management Office (SMO) targets in the Directorate
• Routes Optimization Planning and Load Scheduling for multi-drop deliveries incorporating the transport management business model as an SBU.
• Embedding a cargo management function with portal and make use of an online logistics market platform.
• Analyze expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for improving services
• Supervise a system of effective inspection to ensure timely maintenance services to avoid lost time. • Liase with respective departments to ensure transport service in maximized and optimized as Strategic Business Unit meeting the RBF indicators of perfomance.
• Prepare annual plans, budget and budgetary control, periodic reports and other resources for the section 1.1.5 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Master's Degree in one of the following fields: Business Administration, International Business, Transport and Logistics Management or Procurement and Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Bachelor Degree in Transport, Engineering, Economics, Sociology or Statistics or Logistics Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
• Ten years of working experience of which four must have been in a senior position.
• Computer literate,
• Must be registered with Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics
• Business writing skills
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with Institute's salary scale MSDS 8
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age;
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
iv. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Birth certificate
v. Applicants who will attach copies of the following certificates strictly not accepted;
• Form IV and form VI results slips
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
vi. Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
vii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
ix. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
x. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
xi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
xii. A signed application letters should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to
Secretary, Presidents Office,
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
27 Bibi Titi Mohammed Road,
11102 Dar Es Salaam.
xiii. Deadline for application is February 19, 2018 and;
xiv. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
xv. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address can also be found at MS Website, Click 'Recruitment Portal')
SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
SOURCE: DAILY NEWS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2018
2 total views, 1 today