Trade Officer- Agribusiness at Global Communities,Tanzania
Job Title: Trade Officer- Agribusiness
Reports To: Trade Specialist – Dar es Salaam
SUMMARY OF THE WORK
Global Communities is a global development organization that works in partnership with communities worldwide to achieve sustained and impactful change that will improve the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people. Its mission is to create lasting change, positive and driven by the fellowship that enhances the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people worldwide. Global communities are seeking qualified candidates for Dodoma's Commercial Agents / Agribusiness position for the Stimulated Agribusiness Market Stimulation Program (AIMS) by the USDA and aiming to increase trade by increasing access to finance and SME expansion markets. Food companies)
A sales representative will help the trade specialists to identify the SMEs in the food sector and to profile, set up and manage relationships with stakeholders, promote the integration of value chains and establish market connections to increase the volume and value of the trade. Participation in certain fairs. and other opportunities The sales representative will also organize and coordinate business advisory services for agro-industrial SMEs. He / she will bring his experience and support in facilitating trade, market development and implementation of international and regional trade agreements and other trade issues.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK
- Identify key companies, value-added areas, organizations, locations, and selected resources.
- Develop and understand the key links in the value chain and promote more efficient channels for aggregation and distribution.
- Stimulate the integration of the value chain, which is able to satisfy the final market demand and increase the trading volume.
- Organize AIMS business opportunities with partner organizations.
- Organization and coordination of business advisory services for agro-industrial SMEs.
- Post the program in specific business forums.
- Regular visits to construction sites to monitor development and implementation
- Make sure the trading program database is up-to-date.
- Develop and contribute to regular reports to track and share progress.
- Support for the documentation of the program learning throughout the duration of the program.
- Promote the introduction of the SIM for better trade management in collaboration with the related market information service provider (SIM).
- Follow the professionalism of the Office of the World Communities
- maintain the strict confidentiality of all privileged information on personnel and tax matters
- Assistance with other tasks required by the supervisor / senior management
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
Diploma in Agriculture, Agriculture, Agriculture.
The advanced degree is an added benefit.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
At least two years to facilitate trade and investment in agriculture.
Know the value chains, gaps and gaps as well as the necessary services / links.
Marketing and commerce work in previous missions.
Experience in providing business development systems and market development for SMEs.
Experience in capacity building of SMEs and credit relationships with SMEs.
Excellent understanding of market information systems.
Computer literacy and practical knowledge of statistical software.
Experience in marketing and education in the food industry.
Advanced skills in interpersonal communication, relationship building and organizational skills.
Smooth understanding of the network of business services providers and links to agribusiness operators.
Proven understanding of the challenges and opportunities of SMEs and SMEs in Tanzania.
Demonstrate the ability to constructively work in a team and negotiate solutions.
Superior skills in written and oral communication and strong organizational skills.
Excellent English and Kiswahili skills, including written and spoken languages.
In the Dodoma office, with occasional travel inside and outside the country needed to complete tasks.
Can work for a long time on a computer keyboard.
Apply via email to: [email protected] Please Quote the position title on the email subject while sending your application, attach your CV and cover letter, to be received not later than 13th February 2018.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer
5 total views, 1 today