TAAT Cassava Value Chain Coordinator at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture-IITA, February 2018
|Nafasi za Kazi IITA Tanzania|
TAAT Cassava Value Chain Coordinator (Ref: DDG-R4D/TAAT/VCC/01/18)
Background: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites the international recruitment of the TAAT cassava value chain.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a nonprofit organization that develops agricultural innovation to address the most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty and the destruction of natural resources. Africa. Working with multiple partners in sub-Saharan Africa, we are improving livelihoods, improving food security, increasing employment, and preserving the integrity of natural resources. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agricultural research association for the future of food security. More information about IITA can be found at http://www.iita.org/.
Technologies for Agricultural Transformation in Africa (TAAT) is a program initiated by the African Development Bank (AfDB) as part of its Feed Africa Initiative. The main objective of the program is to improve agricultural activities in Africa by increasing agricultural productivity, limiting risks and promoting diversification and transformation into 18 agricultural value chains in the eight priority areas of intervention. The program is implemented by IITA in close collaboration with other CGIAR Centers, FARA, AGRA, National Agricultural Expansion and Research Systems and private sector partners. This will involve a close partnership between the AfDB and other development partners such as the World Bank, BMGF, USAID, and others. This position will be part of the Product Technology Delivery Compact (CTDC) product, which is part of the TAAT Regional Technology Infrastructure (RTDI).
The project management department will oversee the daily implementation of the fiduciary and administrative activities of the project; Organizing the transfer of project resources to the institutions that run the commodity value chains; Coordinating the compilation and review of reports and intermediaries in the value chain for submission to the bank; Develop and implement administrative / financial management policies / templates for their use.
Responsibilities of the position
Tasks of the TAAT Yucca Value Chain Coordinator include:
• Complete the Cassava Value Chain Product Technology Delivery Agreement (CTDC) and develop all necessary submissions for approval by the TAAT Clearinghouse.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
• Monitor the day-to-day management and implementation of the compact activities of the cassava value chain in close collaboration with the country's value chain teams.
• Guidance of Regional Member States (RMCs) on the preparation of CTDC dissemination campaigns for the distribution of food presented to the Reginal Technology Delivery Infrastructure Clearinghouse (RTDI).
• Preparation and transmission of a list of technologies and resources to be implemented for the RTID to the CTDC, in particular, the Project Steering Committee (PSC) through the Clearinghouse, which will review and approve appropriate technologies.
• Direct CTDC activities, including Coordinating with RMC approaches to implementing technologies, defining target areas, mobilizing all stakeholders along the value chain, and designing and implementing local enhancement models. big scale
• Facilitate the implementation of these value chain activities in all target countries and participate in the monitoring of progress towards the set value chain and the TAAT objectives.
• Providing support to all public and private partners in the value chain in each participating country and ensuring their full and active participation.
• Establish good links with a compact governance body to ensure that administrative support is provided for fiduciary services such as procurement and financial management.
• Ensure, in close coordination and collaboration with the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA), that capacity is integrated into all areas needed by the various actors in the value chain.
• To ensure, in close consultation and cooperation with the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), that all political issues that could affect the transformation of the value chain in the destination countries are effectively addressed.
Supporting the development of young Agripreneurs (young people in agriculture) through demonstrations and training in close collaboration with TAAT ENABLE-TAAT Compact.
• Ensure that the Pact's quarterly and consolidated technical and financial reports are prepared as planned and sent to the Program Management Unit.
• Presentation of activities, results, impacts, and outcomes of the value chain at meetings of professionals, donors, and other interested parties.
• Perform additional tasks assigned by the program management and/or the operations office to achieve the goals of the cassava value chain.
Qualifications and educational experience:
• The candidate must have a postgraduate degree in agronomy, agricultural training, agronomy, food technology, agricultural marketing, or an area closely linked to the cassava value chain.
• At least 10 years of experience in the development of agricultural value chains or a closely related role, of which at least 5 are in Africa.
• Experience in building the necessary contacts and partnerships with public and private institutions, strategic stakeholders and donors in the RCM.
• The experience of resource mobilization for the development of the product value chain will be an added advantage.
• Experience in project management, especially with projects of the African Development Bank, is an additional advantage.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English with good French language skills.
• Proven ability to write, publish and disseminate technical reports, success stories and promotional materials; Y
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional and multicultural environment.
Centre: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
General Information: The contract has an initial term of three years. IATI offers an internationally competitive compensation package in US dollars.
How to Apply
: Applications must include a letter of motivation describing how the candidate's experience relates to the specific duties of the position sought, the curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of three professional umpires (including the director of the current candidate). or former organization or direct supervisor/supervisor of the candidate at his current or previous place of work).
The request must be addressed to the head of Human Resources. Fill out our online application form at the following link: http://www.iita.org/career
Deadline: 23rd February 2018
Nafasi za Kazi IITA Tanzania
4 total views, 1 today