Legal Counsel in Dar es salaam
Location: Dar es Salaam
Industry: Technology and Communication
Minimum qualification: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Application deadline: 21st February 2018
Reporting To: CEO
Scope of work:
The main responsibilities of the Legal Adviser / Manager are to act as a legal adviser to the Center and to take responsibility for formulating defence strategies and litigation in cases in which the Organization has an interest. He/she must also represent the Center to support litigation where necessary. In addition, this candidate must assume full responsibility for the coordination and management of the quarterly reports of the Board. This process includes contributions from other team members; However, compiling the format of the content report and the presentation structure is a task that is led by the legal advisor with advice and support from the rest of the management team, who must provide relevant information from his team's respective departments, as well as the review of the chief executive officer.
Tasks and responsibilities:
· Coordinate the compilation and drafting of various legal documents such as legal forms, rules/guidelines for settling disputes or contracts between the Center and other parties.
· Review contracts and agreements to ensure regulatory compliance;
· Providing the necessary legal advice from the CEO and the Policy Advisory Committee (PAC);
· Help key stakeholders clarify the legal implications of the .tz domain
· National legislation and regulations and organization
Guidelines and rules;
· Formulation of advocacy and law enforcement strategies for cases where the organization
Are interested, p. Participation in legal proceedings on behalf of the organization
and deal with external legal authorities;
· Clarifying the government's internal policies and regularly monitoring compliance while maintaining current awareness of legislative changes;
· Application of effective risk management techniques and proactive legal advice;
· Advising and updating the management team on all legal matters relevant to or related to the operation and, where appropriate, drawing up appropriate strategies;
· As a member of the management team, you must act as a brand ambassador and look for ways to improve the organization's image if possible
· Coordinate projects and manage the creation and structuring of quarterly PAC reports, ensuring compliance with deadlines and standards;
· Other duties prescribed by the CEO in accordance with the company policy.
· Law school
· At least three (3) years of professional experience in a recognized organization.
· The domination or advocacy of the Tanzanian Supreme Court is an added advantage.
· Knowledge, skills and abilities
· All candidates must have the following qualifications:
· Ability to work flexible hours.
· Good interpersonal communication skills.
· Proactive and self-initiated with the ability to work without supervision or with minimal supervision.
· Team player focuses on results and achievements.
A company wants to hire dynamic, experienced and qualified people to fill the position of legal adviser.
8 total views, 1 today