Minimum educational requirements: Bachelor’s degree (preferably in the fields of telecommunications, engineering, computer science or similar)
MBA would be helpful
Experience: At least 3-5 years in management / operation in the telecommunications / Internet / ICT industry
• Assisting the association in providing a non-profit forum, where all member issues (ISPs) are treated as a common interest.
and interact with industry stakeholders, including the regulator.
• Acting as a lead person on behalf of the association to set up and manage Internet Exchange Points (IXPs) across the country
another Internet infrastructure of common interest to all ISPs and end users
• Implement measures and initiatives to increase and expand access to Internet services, especially in unprofitable areas
to mitigate the problems and limitations that hamper the provision of Internet services and other economic issues for the Internet Service P.
Suppliers in the country.
• act as the central coordinating body of the association.
• Attend meetings and speak on behalf of the association.
• Monitoring and co-operation with the Secretariat to ensure the smooth running of the Association.
• Be aware of the problems that are occurring in this area and inform the Commission about action.
• Achieve the goals of the club.
• Ensure that the name TISPA is widely used and strengthens its credibility as a representative and inclusive association.
• Ensure that TISPA remains a strong lobby force for the association.
• Updating and regular reporting to the Executive Committee (EC) and General Assembly.
• Maintain public relations, including newsletters and the active website, as well as a mailing list.
• As an association, public awareness of Internet usage issues should be raised, including for projects that:
funded by donor countries and the Government of Tanzania.
• organizing exhibitions, training, seminars, symposia, conferences and exchanges with the government, political leaders,
Society, in general, to participate in Internet access.
• Collaboration with organizations with similar goals at local, regional and international level.
• Support, encouragement, promotion, experience enhancement and facilitation of Internet access training.
• Participation in national policy improvements, legal and regulatory improvements, and other charitable activities
Goals and functions.
• Ensure that all KPIs prepared by the Executive Committee, TISPA members or the Secretariat are completed correctly and that every effort is made to:
Promote projects and tasks.
• Ensure that TIX is managed, maintained, monitored and executed at all times. Every required resource is available at any time.
• Inform the Executive Committee and the Secretariat.
• Other tasks and responsibilities are assigned promptly by the office owners.
Requirements: Updated CV, cover letter and references
Deadline : 28th February 2018