|Nafasi za kazi/ajira msoapo Mtwara Society Against Poverty (MSOAPO)|
Position Title: Accounting Assistant (1 publication)
Report to: Chief Accountant
The general function of the work:
Under the supervision of the Senior Accountant, the accountant supports daily accounting and financial activities and supports the implementation of the organization's accounting policies and procedures, the publication of data and the preparation of all payments.
MSOAPO is looking for a dynamic and strategic person to fill the position of Deputy Accountant. The owner will oversee the overall administration and performance of the organization's projects and report to the lead accountant. The candidate must have exceptional integrity and successful organizational strategies.
Primary functions / responsibilities
• Advising the administration on the formulation, review and implementation of policies that improve financial sustainability, effective cost management and the optimization of resource mobilization and use.
• Implement the organization's and the project's internal financial controls and advise the management if additional controls are required
• Be proactive in developing and implementing sound accounting and financial management systems and procedures for the organization of the organization based on standard accounting principles.
• Coordinate all project finances and prepare, implement and control the organization's annual budget and supplementary budgets.
• Review orders prepared by project staff and facilitate the purchase of office supplies, equipment, furniture and services
• Ensure compliance with policies and guidelines for acquiring the organization.
• Keep an up-to-date inventory of the organization's assets and businesses and ensure appropriate accountability for them, including the use and safekeeping of corporate assets such as office supplies and corporate fuel. Motor vehicles.
• Ensure that recommendations or issues raised by internal and external auditors are promptly implemented or addressed.
• Collaborate with the external auditors to ensure that interim reports for the previous year are audited within three months of the end of each fiscal year.
• Degree or Diploma in Accounting
• Experience in working in donor-funded projects for at least 2 years.
• Experience in various accounting packages for local and international financial requirements, including requirements of GAAP, WebERP, QuickBooks, etc.
• Owning CPA will be an added benefit
• Experience/interest in working in a rural environment.
A good judgment in the analysis of data and information
o Knowledge of computerized accounting systems
Computer literacy in other software packages such as MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
o Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Honest and with a high degree of integrity
If you believe that you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your request with the details' presentation letter, CV, photocopies of your academic certificates, the name of three references with your contacts, your current position, your E-mail address and telephone contacts. We only accept applications for printouts to be sent to the MSOAPO Main Office at Skoya Commercial Zone, Mtwara Township, or via EMS / Postmaster at 3:00 pm, before the closing of office on February 20, 2018.
Mtwara Society against Poverty (MSOAPO)
P.O. Box 423
We respect all applicants, but we can only respond to candidates in the shortlist.
MSOAPO is an employer for equal opportunities, women are encouraged to apply
* Note: He or she may not be older than 45 years